The difference between fuel and flavour pellets

Anything Wood Fire related (including what woods to use) pellet grills and pellets.
childsy

Re: The difference between fuel and flavour pellets

Post by childsy »

Ok awesome, I'll order a big bag or two when I order the smoker from them as well then. I guess the only decision will be which flavours to get, there seems to be a few on there.

Thanks! :)
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

Perhaps get a bag of hickory for stronger smoke flavour in beef and a fruit wood like apple or cherry for lighter meats like pork and chicken.
childsy

Post by childsy »

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

The Maple-Beech-Cherry blend and Oak-Hikory-Cherry look interesting too, anyone used any of those? I also like the sound of the Jarrah-Rosemary, possibly for smoking lamb. Might get a few small bags to try.
chriso

Post by chriso »

How did I miss this thread? I've been thinking about cold smoking for a while, reading this has tipped me over the edge and it's time to buy one them smoker tray thingies. Great thread.
Nath

The difference between fuel and flavour pellets

Post by Nath »

Check out Aussiebbqsmoke in the vendor section also. Terry sells a good range of flavour pellets. I have several different types from him and love them. I use them in my smokai for cold smoking mainly.
But often mix them through fuel pellets in the GMG when I want some extra flavour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nath
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

Nath wrote:Check out Aussiebbqsmoke in the vendor section also. Terry sells a good range of flavour pellets. I have several different types from him and love them. I use them in my smokai for cold smoking mainly.
But often mix them through fuel pellets in the GMG when I want some extra flavour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good advice that. And Terry is really good to deal with too. I get my charcoal from him and usually come back with some extra goodies when I visit.
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

Go Big or Go Home! Mesquite Buddy!
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

Gumb

Post by Gumb »

I've tried mesquite and it's my least favourite. Maybe it was a bad batch but it put an acrid taste on the food. I haven't used it since.