Anyone from Sydney planning to get Komodo Kamado?

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
djmm

Anyone from Sydney planning to get Komodo Kamado?

Post by djmm »

Hi guys,
New here... I am thinking to get the smallest Komodo and spoke to Dennis about it... looks like cost of shipping etc will be expensive as it will need to go under 1 container? He said if someone from Sydney are also buying, this would be more economical as we can split the cost...
Anyone planning to get one?

If it's too difficult, I might have to "settle" with BGE or something... Cheers
12x7

Re: Anyone from Sydney planning to get Komodo Kamado?

Post by 12x7 »

Serious cash for a Q at around US$4000 plus shipping.

Is this your first Kamado?
Powderdigit

Post by Powderdigit »

Hey DJMM,

Welcome and I love this thread - why? I had no idea what a 'Komodo' Kamado was and now (after a bit of time on the google machine) - wow! I love the fact that the guy that makes them is so confident about the quality and blunt about the value - you either in the market for this type of BBQ as art piece or not.

I found this thread on their forum eye opening :shock: http://komodokamadoforum.com/topic/7290 ... need-help/ - I guess if people can afford a Komodo Kamado they can probably afford the engineer to build the deck!

I hope you get it - I can't afford such a unit but I can live vicariously through those that can. :mrgreen:

Cheers!
Powderdigit
djmm

Post by djmm »

Well I am actually just after the smallest one, which is still not extremely expensive (still US$ 2k+ though).
That's why it doesn't make sense for me to pay the whole shipping cost. If we could get say 4-5 people it would be more economical but I think there is very small market here.

It's more like a functional grill / backyard work of art/decoration though - more like a you only live once purchase lol... But I think I'll never own this sadly as I can't justify the shipping...

Even the smallest 16" size is 98kg lol.
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

djmm wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:59 pm It's more like a functional grill / backyard work of art/decoration though - more like a you only live once purchase lol... But I think I'll never own this sadly as I can't justify the shipping...
Try this to cheer youself up.

Go down to Bunnies and get yourself an Akorn Kamado for $500. With the $2,000 plus difference cook some fine meat like Cape Grim steaks on the Akorn, a nice red and after awhile the praise from your guests that it was the best steak they ever had will help. :D
Bronson

Post by Bronson »

Another option is look at BBQ Galore, they have a 20% off all BBQ's this weekend.
https://www.barbequesgalore.com.au/barbeques
djmm

Post by djmm »

The classic Kamado Joe price is now probably cheaper than the freight and overall cost to bring the komodo kamado lol
djmm

Post by djmm »

Well ended up placing an order for a Classic Kamado Joe. I figured with the new gasket, easy lift, and smaller fire bix and slide ash tray, it is not that far from komodo kamado, apart from the aesthetic as that komodo is really ornamental, no need for sculpture around the patio.
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

I have a Classic KJ series 1. Great fun.

Enjoy your new toy. Post some pics when you get it.
Powderdigit

Post by Powderdigit »

Excellent DJ - I’m looking forward to catching some pics soon too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Powderdigit
djmm

Post by djmm »

Will do cheers. If I survived wife's wrath from buying this without consulting lol
Lovey
Forum Moderator

Post by Lovey »

djmm wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:18 pm Will do cheers. If I survived wife's wrath from buying this without consulting lol
Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission. :lol: :lol:
After you've cooked up some good feeds for her, the forgiveness part will come pretty easy I reckon :wink: