oyster blade in the akorn

Post your recipe requests and cooking questions in this setion. Not for general discussions.
big craig

oyster blade in the akorn

Post by big craig »

Doing g a oyster blade in the akorn tommorow any hints hope to keep temp around 110 130 c
Lovey
Forum Moderator

Re: oyster blade in the akorn

Post by Lovey »

G'day Big Craig,
I don't have experience with that cut of meat, but I have a bit of experience with the Dragon kamado (BBQ Galore version of the Akorn).
How much cooking time have you done with the Akorn? I only ask as you may already have the basics down pat and I don't want you to think I'm telling you how to suck eggs if I go on with a long winded explanation (much like that last sentence :oops: )
big craig

Post by big craig »

Hi Lovey done heaps of brisket pork and chicken just did a chicken tonight but i love blade steak so i thought i would do a whole one low and slow thats all :D
Lovey
Forum Moderator

Post by Lovey »

All good Craig,
have a look at this thread for others that have tried it before.
https://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10588
big craig

Post by big craig »

Thanks for that Lovey the thread very intresting mine is about 2.4 kg i thinking about 5 hours max dont want to dry it out . where about on the south coast are you located mate my grandfather was down that way great part of the world
Lovey
Forum Moderator

Post by Lovey »

big craig wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:20 pm Thanks for that Lovey the thread very intresting mine is about 2.4 kg i thinking about 5 hours max dont want to dry it out . where about on the south coast are you located mate my grandfather was down that way great part of the world
No worries at all. I'm at Batemans Bay, a very nice part of the world indeed.