Tell me why not to get a smoke King kamodo

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
Ferrari 312T

Post by Ferrari 312T »

Ok

So have decided to get a kamado. Kamodo Komodo is the dream but just cannot justify the spend. Kamodo joe is great but cannot see why it is more than the smoke King. I want something to slow cook, make pizzas and sear steaks. I want a traditional style kamodo so primo xl is out.

The only concern is the size? Is the smoke King big enough? I have a weber otg now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hector

Post by Hector »

I have the Primo XL, the main thing for me was to be able to do large Briskets. If you want to do these then go for a 23inch / 57cm. I think the Primo XL and the Big Joe cover this size but not sure about the Smoke Kings?
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Yes Smoke Kings are very similar to the majority of them. I chose a Saffire for the chip feeder and Smokekings flexible system fits it perfect (18")
Pick which one you want and make sure the accessories are included. IMO a deflector is not a 'extra' one company catches people this way...
Baby steps...
Current Weaponry - Saffire Kamado, Treager Junior, Outdoorchef 57, Performer 46, 'Fooseball' Grill, Hibachi
big craig

Re: Tell me why not to get a smoke King kamodo

Post by big craig »

i just picked up a akorn from bunnings for $499 came with everything did my first cook tonight and wow it was really good i wanted a kamado joe but couldnt spend the money soo happy with the akorn check them out iam really happy with my choice :D
12x7

Re: Tell me why not to get a smoke King kamodo

Post by 12x7 »

I thought Smoke King stopped selling Kamados some time ago.

Anyway you can buy the same thing from Bunnings now for $800 as both Kamados where from Auplex. https://www.bunnings.com.au/chargriller ... r_p3180816 The main grill is 18 inch diameter

If you want to have some fun cooking and try out the Kamado style of cooking you can't go past the value of the Akorn for $499 from Bunnings. You get the deflector, grill extender, side tables and cover in the price. It is easy to buy one as there are plenty of Bunnings stores to drop in an have a look at one. They are made of metal and tough. The main grill is 20 inch diameter. It is between large and XL size Kamado. Because of the low price if people want to cook more they buy two Akorns. You can buy three Akorns for a price of name brand large Kamado.