Cleaning Stainless Steel Hood and other non cooking surfaces

Post your recipe requests and cooking questions in this setion. Not for general discussions.
Rob1000

Cleaning Stainless Steel Hood and other non cooking surfaces

Post by Rob1000 »

Hi All

Bought myself a Beefeater 5 Burner Signature about 4 months ago and what a champion BBQ.

I took the next step and cooked a couple of pizza's last week end. Pizza's turned out pretty good but I was left with a residue all on the inside of my BBQ that I cant remove. I've tried all the Selleys products and whilst they have removed a lot there a speckled stain inside my hood that I just cant seem to get off. It resembles paint flicked onto surface. Does anyone have any advise on what they use or recommend.

Many thanks in advance
Cheers
Rob
Rob1000

Re: Cleaning Stainless Steel Hood and other non cooking surf

Post by Rob1000 »

Just added some photos of my prob

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s55 ... tpxhpo.jpg

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s55 ... 62odj7.jpg

Again many thanks in advance for any tips and advise :)))
Cheers
Rob
Groovy Gorilla

Post by Groovy Gorilla »

Have you tried borax ?
Or a nylon brush for the end of the drill
or scrub more with a scourer
or live with it
chilling while grilling
selous

Post by selous »

I also have a Beefeater Signature 5 burner, although mine is 14 years old and still going strong. Once a year I pull out the burners, spray the interior with oven cleaner then Karcher the interior. Works for me.

Having said that, I gave bar keepers friend a try on the weekend on all the exterior surfaces and the barbie has come up looking like new, I kid you not. With a bit of elbow grease, I think it would remove the spots in the photos.

If you do use oven cleaner, just make sure you rinse it off really well and heat it up with the hood open and no food to make sure there are no residual fumes.

Are you using the beefeater pizza hood?