Extra Phosphates - Good or Bad ?

Post your recipe requests and cooking questions in this setion. Not for general discussions.
Gumb

Re: Extra Phosphates - Good or Bad ?

Post by Gumb »

As long as this topic stays as robust discussion, it's OK, but don't let it degenerate in to something else or get personal.
Dave

Post by Dave »

gindemon wrote:
This is scaremongering, not based on any solid scientific evidence, and your preoccupation with this topic is unsettling.
+1, Seems to be a lot of information on more than just one thread on this forum that's written with no fact behind what is being said. Folks, just be sure to check out any info on here, ( including what I say of course :wink: ) & just because someone says something, doesn't make it true :wink:

Cheers, Dave
KCBS Certified BBQ Judge
Importing Louisiana Pellet Grills into Australia
http://www.louisiana-grills-australia.com.au/
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!
beaver

Post by beaver »

urbangriller, ive arranged a nice video for you.

if we all listened to media, and science ect ect we wouldnt be eating meat.
look at the MSG scare tactics not long ago
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Good work Beaver this video, silly as it is, reminds people to make up their own minds after doing some research, and not to blindly follow a trend just because it is “Flavour of the Month”.

We’ve had a few of these discussions over the years, most notably the conversations on the use of Nitrates in curing and a number of members now make ham and bacon without chemical cures, some still use nitrate curing salts. Those who were here back then will remember I said the same thing about Nitrates.

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
yakabot

Post by yakabot »

Ha Ha. Loved that video. And I still don't know what gluten is, but now that they're taking it out of a lot of foods, I want it more than ever. :)
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Gumb , there are some personal attacking posts ^ up there. :cry:
The problem with this is that anyone can buy a scientific experiment, fore or against.
I try to look at things in a holistic way. If it's suss I'll treat it with caution and just not over do it.
If I do use some ingredient that I know is suspect or controversial I do the best I can to check out the levels and become as educated as possible about there use.
I use a little MSG, Nitrite , Nitrate and salt. But I don't over do it, I don't eat salami every day or ham, nor do I Brine every day. I'd think more like once a month.
Most food my family eats is simple Palian Small meat portions and steamed or raw veg.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
chrisg

Post by chrisg »

Yeah Mick,

Moderation in all things is a healthy approach I believe.

There's a rather old book now written by an MD called "Your Vitamin Profile," basically a Q&A to establish what supplements you might need.

The author intersperses the questions with comments and one he makes is that whilst strong blue cheeses for example are probably a carcinogen he still indulges every now and again.

Health scares about most anything tend to see-saw.

Cheers
Dave

Post by Dave »

Smokey Mick wrote:Gumb , there are some personal attacking posts ^ up there. :cry:
I cant see them :roll: Unfortunately some posts are just unfactual scare tactics & nothing much more.

I do agree with everything in moderation though.

Cheers, Dave
KCBS Certified BBQ Judge
Importing Louisiana Pellet Grills into Australia
http://www.louisiana-grills-australia.com.au/
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

Smokey Mick wrote:Gumb , there are some personal attacking posts ^ up there. :cry:
I don't see anything personal at this stage, just a difference of opinion. It's available to any member to PM the Mod team or report the post themselves if they feel attacked Mick, not for others to make that judgement. Now back on the topic please.
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Gumb wrote:
I don't see anything personal at this stage, just a difference of opinion. It's available to any member to PM the Mod team or report the post themselves if they feel attacked Mick, not for others to make that judgement. Now back on the topic please.
Respectfully, and that quoted line was part of a post that was on topic.
Making fun of , or totally dissing ones opinion with remarks that their opinion is unfactural an scaremongering is a personal attack when ALL the facts aren't really known. If you feel that is OK then who am I to argue?
I think the prawns have been left out in the sun for too long :roll:
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

OK, it's now off topic and locked. Discussion over.