Cooking the Perfect Steak

Post your recipe requests and cooking questions in this setion. Not for general discussions.
Hogsy

Post by Hogsy »

Check this vid, i guess it's a reverse sear with a few extra tricks
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 0653,d.cGE
Viva La Charcoal Revolution
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!
buddah

Re: Cooking the Perfect Steak

Post by buddah »

I have eaten there and many more in NY but still cant beat Vlados in Melb its a combination of fantastic home grown meat and charcoal fire

http://www.vlados.com.au/menu/
Amfibius

Post by Amfibius »

Vlados is awful. I have no idea why they are still in business. Incredibly, for a steak house, they can't cook steaks consistently. We went in a group of 6, and we all ordered medium rare steaks. They all came out in varying stages of doneness. Mine was well done - had no pink at all through it. I sent it back and received another one - this time it was rare. I asked the waiter to get the chef to put it back on the grille. Waiter took it back, I heard some yelling, and the steak came back out with the waiter saying "chef says it is perfectly cooked".

I guess they are like Pellegrini - it has been a long time since both restaurants were at the top of the game and they have been overtaken by the competition a long time ago.

I have eaten in NY as well. The steaks there are much better quality - the marbling on a USDA Prime is nearly as good as what passes off as "Wagyu" here. They are properly dry aged and cooked over charcoal. If you have been to Peter Luger in NY, you won't want to go anywhere else.
Image Image Image
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

You picked a pretty good one there!
Amfibius wrote:If you have been to Peter Luger in NY, you won't want to go anywhere else.
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

talisker63

Post by talisker63 »

Vlados was better when the old man himself was on the grill.
Agree there are many better now.
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

Always enjoyed Vlados but it's been a while. Where is the go now?

In the states enjoyed Gallaghers and Ruthschis in Vegas, Michael Jordan's in CT, Bahamas Mezza Grill.
Last edited by Card Shark on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Card Shark wrote:Always enjoyed Vlados but it's been a while. Where is the go now?

In the states enjoyed Gallaghers and Ruthschis in Vegas. Bahamas Mezza Grill.
i remember reading a story about vlados when the clients were asked if they wanted strawberry crepes for dessert. one diner asked what the other choices are, and the waiter said "at vlados, there are 2 choices for dessert, yes or no"