GrillGrates

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
Meat and eat

GrillGrates

Post by Meat and eat »

I'm wondering what these GrillGrates are like.
http://www.amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_g ... rillgrates

The write up looks pretty good, and I saw Grill Pro were using them at the Adelaide Gourmet BBQ Festival recently.
Anyone used these or know anything about them?

Cheers

Meat and eat
"My mind is made up. Please don't confuse me with facts."
Hogsy

Re: GrillGrates

Post by Hogsy »

Viva La Charcoal Revolution
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!
Medicoman

Post by Medicoman »

Hello ladies and gentlemen... How many ladies do we have on this site? Just wondering...

One of the reasons I love this site is the range of "toys" designed for BBQs and I think I have bought most.

The GrillGates looks like my next purchase but I will buy the three pack. I think three widths will be better to cook on for my friends and family....
Grill Pro Australia

Post by Grill Pro Australia »

Meat and eat wrote:I'm wondering what these GrillGrates are like.
http://www.amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_g ... rillgrates

The write up looks pretty good, and I saw Grill Pro were using them at the Adelaide Gourmet BBQ Festival recently.
Anyone used these or know anything about them?

Cheers

Meat and eat
Hi Meat and Eat,
I have used these same Grill Grates - grilling steaks & BBQ meat on my Yoder Pellet Grill, they are as good as they look. Once you have cooked on them you wont go back, they are that good! The forked spatula works really well also, as you can lift the meat rather than scrape under it.

Cheers,

Dave
Grill Pro Australia
Importing Yoder Smokers, BBQr's Delight Pellets, Hammer Stahl Knives and American Rubs & Sauces into Australia
https://www.yodersmokers.net.au/
https://bbqrsdelight.net.au//
Instagram: @GRILL_PRO
Gazza1

Post by Gazza1 »

These are the bees knees of grilling. Nowhere else have I been able to get char flavour and sear marks like I can on on these. I've given them away as gifts and every one agrees.
Beefeater 4 burner entirely with Grillgrates . Wok side burner. No hotplate.
Komodo Kamado.
yakabot

Post by yakabot »

I agree with the positive comments about the grates, but just make sure they're hot first. And if you get some, take a pic, because they'll never be that shiny ever again.
alokin123

Post by alokin123 »

anyone used these on the weber q320? Wouldnt mind buying these but wouldnt mind hearing of anybody elses experience
wedwards

GrillGrates

Post by wedwards »

I have a set for my charcoal Weber and take the middle square piece and put it in my family Q to finish a reverse sear. Works really well, but you want temp smokin hot to get best effect. And yeah, they will only ever be clean and shiny before your first cook and then forever not shiny anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alokin123

Post by alokin123 »

wedwards wrote:I have a set for my charcoal Weber and take the middle square piece and put it in my family Q to finish a reverse sear. Works really well, but you want temp smokin hot to get best effect. And yeah, they will only ever be clean and shiny before your first cook and then forever not shiny anymore.
So do you leave the weber grill grates as normal and just put these on top?
Apparently BBQ's Galore sells these now (according to the latest catalogue i got in the mail). Haven't gone in store yet to take a look.

Would these be ok for cooking chicken wings (boomerang style cut)? Or is the space in-between the grooves too wide?
wedwards

GrillGrates

Post by wedwards »

Yep I just sit them on top. You could do the whole wing on them, but if you cut the wings down you'll have issues with bits falling into the grooves I reckon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk