Spit Rod Bushing

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
GeordieinOz

Spit Rod Bushing

Post by GeordieinOz »

Hi,

I recently bought a Matador Titan BBQ which so far is absolutely amazing and can't fault it.

However it came with a Rotisserie kit which is working fine, although when on for a while the spit rod tends to creep to one side and eventually loose of the turning mechanism.

Does anyone know where I may be able to source a spit rod bushing to resolve this problem?

I have tried BBQs Galore, they do not have them. Other places I have looked only sell an entirely new rotisserie kit.

Any help much appreciated
Cobblerdave

Re: Spit Rod Bushing

Post by Cobblerdave »

G’day
Yes I think I know what you need. You have the square bar that fits into the motor. Then at the other end a movable piece that goes up against the bar support. You fit it up then using by tightening the screw it then holds the bar from moving.
I can’t post a pic here and I’m unable at this time to hunt the Bunnings web site. But I do know that do sell a pair of the prongs that hold your tucker on the rotisserie. Cut the prongs off you’ve now got that slide piece that has the screw to fix its position on the bar, and a spare....
regards Dave
GeordieinOz

Re: Spit Rod Bushing

Post by GeordieinOz »

Thanks,

That sounds like the most viable option. I found an aus site that does sell them but the delivery was three times the cost of the actual spit guide nut i need.

Il likely buy some cheap rotisserie forks and cut one down