Free SteakChamp - Double Pack worth $98 ( Limited Stock )

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
Smokey

Re: Free SteakChamp - Double Pack worth $98 ( Limited Stock

Post by Smokey »

Mainey . . . wrote::mrgreen:

I've also ordered and paid for the SteakChamp Sensors :D

But upon reading I believe they won't work with a Webber 'Q' BBQ :oops: :oops:

Reasons being;
They are applicable at high temperatures (up to 350c short-term)
The LED indicates the right time to remove meat from the grill and subsequently maturing time, BUT.... on the Weber 'Q' the hood is down and you can't see the LED :roll:

So who wants mine when they arrive - OR CAN I CANCEL, I only ordered tonight :?:
"Hood down" on a Weber Q is not the same as "If you're lookin, you're not cookin" that applies to smokers.
Cooking a steak direct on a weber Q, You are only giving it short burst between turning and checking for fat flare up's.
This device, If it works and I suspect it does, Would be perfect for use on a weber Q or any hooded gas BBQ.
I know the Q thing is somewhat religious with times and what not, But you can stray from that and use other ways to tell you if it's done or not.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Mainey . . .

Post by Mainey . . . »

Smokey wrote: "Hood down" on a Weber Q is not the same as "If you're lookin, you're not cookin" that applies to smokers.
Cooking a steak direct on a weber Q, You are only giving it short burst between turning and checking for fat flare up's.
This device, If it works and I suspect it does, Would be perfect for use on a weber Q or any hooded gas BBQ.
I know the Q thing is somewhat religious with times and what not, But you can stray from that and use other ways to tell you if it's done or not.

Ok, will try steaks hood up, as in the normal BBQ fashion and see how I like the steaks compared to hood down :)

Cause with hood down you can't see the sensor light cum on to tell you they done to perfection :roll:
An experienced cook & now a Weber Baby 'Q' devotee...
it's a very different world where you can smell but can't see what's happening with your food
:P
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

That is not what I said Mainey,
You close the lid when you are not checking. There are times in the four or six minute process that you dont need to look. That is when the hood goes down. You are supposed to be cooking, That means being attentive.
It would be a lot easier for a series of peeks at a just cracked hood then have to Lift it way up and stick it with a thermopen, As I do now. It sounds like you go by time alone?
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
Mainey . . .

Post by Mainey . . . »

Smokey wrote:That is not what I said Mainey
It sounds like you go by time alone?
Yes I do it by time
I use thick Porterhouse seasoned each side, with 4 mins cooking each side, then 4 mins resting when BBQ is turned off and hood is up, with steak laying in reverse direction on griddle, so it gets the cross hatched look, :D

Thinner steaks get shorter times :wink:

So with the temp thermometer I will cook steaks with hood up like a 'normal' BBQ so I can see the light come on :lol:
it's a very different world where you can smell but can't see what's happening with your food
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

You bought the bloody device mate :roll:
I was showing you that there are different techniques available to you. I did not say lid up, You did :lol:
For an Experienced cook, You sure don't seem open to peer comment. Maybe just stick with your times.
Sorry I was of no help for you.
Mainey . . .

Post by Mainey . . . »

Smokey wrote:You bought the bloody device mate :roll:
I was showing you that there are different techniques available to you.
I did not say lid up, You did :lol:
For an Experienced cook, You sure don't seem open to peer comment.
Maybe just stick with your times.
Sorry I was of no help for you.

Yes, you were of 'help' to me and I do thank you for that :wink:

I say that because you obviously believe your my "peer" as you have said it, and I was taught as a child to respect my elders, teachers and those who (believe they) are my "peer" :roll:

I wish you seasons greetings and a safe Xmas to you and your family :D
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Cant help but read the condescending implication, Maybe I cant afford your ticket.
Would you like to challenge me? Maybe then If I win or loose you may have a little more respect for someone trying to help you?
We could have a cook off right here, Using these very devices? I just bought the forum gift from "the Perfect Steak". Just for the occasion. Members Vote. Name your meat. If you dont want to use the steak camp feel free to suggest your poison.
hoddo

Post by hoddo »

Really? OK you two off to your rooms with no dinner.
Mainey . . .

Post by Mainey . . . »

Smokey wrote:Maybe I cant afford your ticket.
:oops:

There is no price placed on the "tickets" as they are free to a good home :D

I like my 'room' so will stay here for a while as the weber Q works terrific with thick steaks so I'm fed well and watered with JB's
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

:)
When the gizmo's arrive, I'll do a pic post of what I mean using a weber gasser hood down.
Mainey . . .

Post by Mainey . . . »

Smokey wrote::)
When the gizmo's arrive, I'll do a pic post of what I mean using a weber gasser hood down.

Thank you :D :D
gnik1

Post by gnik1 »

Thanks, have received and used it, had a duh moment as I expected the thermometers to flash at the same time until I re-read the offer and saw that one is medium and the other medium rare. Thought they were both medium rare. Anyway they work like a charm and is perfect since SWMBO like her steaks medium. Like Mainey I did not believe that I could use them on my q, until Smokey suggested a method which I have yet to try.

On another note Davo is trying to breath life back into this forum and I hope he is successful. I am one of those members who have not posted much. I am willing to try any suggestion that other members may present and experiment,keeping those that work for me.

Since joining this forum I had a second hand weber kettle. I now have 5 mostly council pick ups, a baby q for steaks, q for roasts,gas smoker,go anywhere X 2 and a GMG Davey Crockett as well as most accessories that are out there, some are consigned to my shed never to be seen again.I've run out of excuses but that is what I tell my wife when she asks why do I "need' so many grills.

I know having all this equipment does not make me a better cook but it does give me options to experiment and thanks to members like Smokey I can truly enjoy my BBQ hobby. Just my 2 cents
Stevem109r

Post by Stevem109r »

mine have also arrived, look like a great piece of kit. Will try them out this WE :D
Mainey . . .

Post by Mainey . . . »

:D :D

Yes, mine has also arrived and it does look like a smart, quality and well thought out, quality product :lol:

Well packaged too, however, I would suggest the packaging could be slightly changed so the (display) pack can stand upright
yes it IS such a great looking piece of equipment that other people should be able to look at it :wink:

Who cares if it works fantastically but is put out of sight - it definitely DOES look fantastic and it should be able to be displayed to get the recognition it truly deserves :wink:
I'm not thinking anything negative at all about this temp gauge system :D

I may add some height to the front of the display box so it leans back and the two sensors and the removal tool can be seen on the shelf, rather than have it sit in a drawer where no-one can appreciate it :wink:
Angryman65

Post by Angryman65 »

Mine arrived and I'm impressed with the look of the packaging and the feel of the probes.

Unfortunately, I won't ever get to try them as they are now a gift for my hard to buy for brother in law for Christmas. Oh well at least they're off to a good home.

Now I'm relying on those of you who have them to use them and post about how they worked. Share your skills and experience with newer members and those who missed out on the promotion. It would be good if they were demonstrated on Gas, charcoal and in lid / hood down situations.

Consider giving permission for SteakChamp to use the images in promotion, they may be generous again next year. :D
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for bad hunter.