Inkbird IBT-2X thermometer

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
CoraJase
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Inkbird IBT-2X thermometer

Post by CoraJase » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:58 am

Anyone tried these?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/222297280823

I just ordered one so I'm hoping it works out ok - was just looking for a basic 2 channel temp probe for smoking in my weber, the wireless phone app is a bonus.


Davo
Forum Administrator
Posts: 5160
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:44 am
Location: Down & Out in Beverly Hills....NSW that is....

Re: Inkbird IBT-2X thermometer

Post by Davo » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:04 am

New products like the come out all the time, as far as i'm aware, no-one here has mentioned this product so when you receive it, perhaps you can write a review on it.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5

CoraJase
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Inkbird IBT-2X thermometer

Post by CoraJase » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:15 am

Will do Davo. Couldn't find a lot of end user reports on the net so decided it was cheap enough to take chance and try it out.

Couldn't justify the cost of a Maverick for the amount of use I'll give it

lockyer
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: Oz

Re: Inkbird IBT-2X thermometer

Post by lockyer » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:43 am

CoraJase wrote:Will do Davo. Couldn't find a lot of end user reports on the net so decided it was cheap enough to take chance and try it out.

Couldn't justify the cost of a Maverick for the amount of use I'll give it
For that price why wouldn't you give it a go... :D
I will be interested in seeing how it goes for you as would be good for my smoker 1 for meat and 1 for cooking temp.
Only thing I spotted was works on Android 4.6 and above !!! my phone is 4.4 wonder if it works this it ?? :roll:
Edit - Went to there website and found this-
Works With:

- iPhone 4S or later

- iPad 3rd generation and later

- iPad mini and later

- iPod touch 5th generation and later

- Requires iOS 7+

- Android 4.4+ devices with bluetooth 4.0 module
So it must be a typo in the ebay ad.
Cheers L

CoraJase
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Inkbird IBT-2X thermometer

Post by CoraJase » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:40 pm

lockyer wrote: Only thing I spotted was works on Android 4.6 and above !!! my phone is 4.4 wonder if it works this it ?? :roll:
Edit - Went to there website and found this-
Works With:

- iPhone 4S or later

- iPad 3rd generation and later

- iPad mini and later

- iPod touch 5th generation and later

- Requires iOS 7+

- Android 4.4+ devices with bluetooth 4.0 module
So it must be a typo in the ebay ad.
Cheers L
You could always go to the play store and see if the app will download and install? I've already installed the app, it opens but first thing it does is ask to connect to the device.

toastmaster1973
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:52 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Inkbird IBT-2X thermometer

Post by toastmaster1973 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:56 pm

Hey CoraJase,
Welcome, noob here myself. Im also very interested in the performance of this digital thermometer. Some of Inkbird's other products get good reviews (used as brew controllers) so its promising.
I need a lower cost option to the maverick or smoke for a weber kettle too.
Lettuce snow how you get on with it.
Cheers
Toast

CoraJase
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Inkbird IBT-2X thermometer

Post by CoraJase » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:38 am

Well this arrived yesterday - pretty impressed so far!

Connected to my phone and both sensors read perfectly fine. You can set alarms etc. The app actually looks quite polished and very easy to use - I'm used to some pretty crappy apps that accompany stuff out of china but this isn't one. Haven't had a chance to cook with it yet but if it performs ok there then I reckon its a bargain! I only paid $36 for it with the 2 sensors.

lockyer
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: Oz

Re: Inkbird IBT-2X thermometer

Post by lockyer » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:38 pm

CoraJase wrote:Well this arrived yesterday - pretty impressed so far!

Connected to my phone and both sensors read perfectly fine. You can set alarms etc. The app actually looks quite polished and very easy to use - I'm used to some pretty crappy apps that accompany stuff out of china but this isn't one. Haven't had a chance to cook with it yet but if it performs ok there then I reckon its a bargain! I only paid $36 for it with the 2 sensors.
That is great news...will be watching to see how it goes with a cook up. I have a couple of heavy bills to dispatch at the end of this month and will look at ordering one myself.

Thanks for the update
Cheers L

toastmaster1973
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:52 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Inkbird IBT-2X thermometer

Post by toastmaster1973 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:09 am

Hey CoraJase,
Any updates on how the IBT-2X is working for you?
Cheers
toast

CoraJase
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Inkbird IBT-2X thermometer

Post by CoraJase » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:19 am

toastmaster1973 wrote:Hey CoraJase,
Any updates on how the IBT-2X is working for you?
Cheers
toast
Nah sorry mate, been too busy to cook with it yet! Will be smoking something in the webber for Xmas day so will know by boxing day! But I cant see there be any issues with it.

toastmaster1973
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:52 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Inkbird IBT-2X thermometer

Post by toastmaster1973 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:52 am

Thnx for the reply.
Looking to do the same thing for xmas so was hoping you had time to run it. Work has a nasty habit of getting in the way of bbq'ing :D
Might just have to take the plunge and buy one, keep us informed how your xmas cook goes.
Toast

lockyer
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: Oz

Re: Inkbird IBT-2X thermometer

Post by lockyer » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:05 am

toastmaster1973 wrote:Thnx for the reply.
Looking to do the same thing for xmas so was hoping you had time to run it. Work has a nasty habit of getting in the way of bbq'ing :D
Might just have to take the plunge and buy one, keep us informed how your xmas cook goes.
Toast
Tell me about it, I have a few things here to cooked up and no time..... :(

toastmaster1973
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:52 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Inkbird IBT-2X thermometer

Post by toastmaster1973 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:52 pm

So,
I went ahead and ordered one tonite, 2 probes.
Should be in my hands by late December :) ......OR sometime in 2017. Not real hopeful for December :lol: :roll:
Toast

choicebro
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:54 pm

Re: Inkbird IBT-2X thermometer

Post by choicebro » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:52 pm

Let us know how you go Toastie. I'm also looking for something like this, so your feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers
Choicebro

toastmaster1973
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:52 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Inkbird IBT-2X thermometer

Post by toastmaster1973 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:08 am

Hi Choicebro,
Will do mate. Already loving what i have cooked on the kettle, the family too. So can't wait to get a thermometer involved and crank out some low and slow goodness :mrgreen:
toast


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests