Suggestions on a new gasser

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
beginner

Suggestions on a new gasser

Post by beginner »

I'm considering retiring the Q320. It hasn't fallen to bits but it's got grates beginning to rust and a slowly deforming body. It's a good bbq, but while looking for parts I started thinking it is a little restrictive in lid height and not ideal for lid open cooking. I'm restricted space wise to 2 - 3 burner sized bbqs, is there anything out there better than the Q?
steinyboys

Re: Suggestions on a new gasser

Post by steinyboys »

PROQ EXCEL ELITE 20 not gas but you going to have so much fun with this :wink: :wink:
Weber Kettle 57cm, Weber Smokey Joe, Hark Gas smoker,ProQ Excel Elite 20
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

beginner wrote:I, is there anything out there better than the Q?
Not at that price level. None come near it in my opinion (for gas bbqs), so buy the newer 3200 model.
beginner

Post by beginner »

steinyboys wrote:PROQ EXCEL ELITE 20 not gas but you going to have so much fun with this :wink: :wink:
ahaha I wish. I used to run my mini wsm here on my little apartment balcony, but figured it was probably going to bother other residents. Took it to join it's brothers out of town.
Gumb wrote:
beginner wrote:I, is there anything out there better than the Q?
Not at that price level. None come near it in my opinion (for gas bbqs), so buy the newer 3200 model.
what about at any other price level?
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

beginner wrote:

How long is a piece of string ? You can keep going up the scale and look at the bigger Weber 4 burners for example with infra red rottis, and all sorts of other good stuff. The Genesis and summit are very good BBQs by all accounts.

Personally, I'd rather have a 3200Q and then use the extra to buy a charcoal BBQ as well.

if you search in this forum you'll find lots of posts recommending good gas BBQs.
beginner

Post by beginner »

Gumb wrote:
beginner wrote:

How long is a piece of string ? You can keep going up the scale and look at the bigger Weber 4 burners for example with infra red rottis, and all sorts of other good stuff. The Genesis and summit are very good BBQs by all accounts.

Personally, I'd rather have a 3200Q and then use the extra to buy a charcoal BBQ as well.

if you search in this forum you'll find lots of posts recommending good gas BBQs.
The real constraint I have is space here. The q's a good fit but the arms take up a bit of unnecessary room and can't be removed. The kind of thing I'd be looking at would be something like this beefeater 3 burner

http://www.thebarbequestore.com.au/beef ... Ah7X8P8HAQ

That one's a built in version which won't work for me, and I don't know if it's any good, but something like that on a stand would fit nicely.

What I'm trying to work out is if I go and spend 2 or 3 grand on something of that sort of size, am I going to get any better performance than with the Q?