Meat Grinder Recommendations

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
Kookabanus

Meat Grinder Recommendations

Post by Kookabanus »

Can anyone recommend a stand alone grinder? Up to the $300 mark?
I've got a sausage stuffer so just need a reliable mincer that doesn't easily get clogged up.

Cheers.
Buzabbq

Re: Meat Grinder Recommendations

Post by Buzabbq »

I just have one of those old hand crank meat grinder. Does the job for me !
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

Do you by any chance have a Kitchenaid stand mixer? They have a grinding attachment that I have used for 20 years to grind my meats. It was horrible to try and use for piping links, so like you I got a dedicated machine for piping, but as a grinder, works very well.

As far as a stand alone, I do not know if you have access to LEM products, but they make excellent grinders, and have many attachments for other things that can go on it.

LEM Meat Grinders
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

Kookabanus

Post by Kookabanus »

I was using a grinding attachment for my wife's kenwood mixer but that thing is from the 60's and I worry about over working it.
I looked and LEM but they don't seem to be available in Australia. The equivalent brand here is called Fabio Leonardi, from what I can tell they are the same but quite pricey.
I ended up finding a "commercial" grinder online for a great price, the thing is a beast!
Thanks for the help.
wdabrowski

Post by wdabrowski »

Hi mate,
One of the distinct advantages for a stand-alone grinder has it most of them have a reverse function. It is a nice time-saver if you're trying to mince some troublesome meat with lots of tissue, disgustingly get caught in the blade.
You can choose from any brands available in the market…may be STX.
Cheers:!: