Maverick 733

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
thermoman.1

Maverick 733

Post by thermoman.1 »

I was wondering today whether there is a +- accuracy figure for the Maverick 733. I was cooking ribs on the kamado so was only using the bbq probe. Had the other one plugged in for some reason (probably insanity) and sitting on the side table of the bbq. I noticed at one stage that the unused probe was registering a temp of 100 deg F(about 38C) and thought that can't be right. Temp was actually ~ 30C. So I did a test after the cook. I compared the Maverick, the temp controller for my home brew fridge and the temp readout from my car (all taken in the garage). Maverick 30C, Temp controller 29.1C, Car 29C. All in all pretty close. I am hoping that the temp controller(which in use is taped to the side of a fermenting vessel) is the most accurate. Nothing to lose any sleep over, just wondering.
rotten

Re: Maverick 733

Post by rotten »

Stc1000 in the ferment fridge can be out too. The maverick 733 is acurate afaic. If you're concerned over 1c maybe get a scientific purpose temp probe to check them. I have 3 stcs for keg fridge, fermenting etc and the maverick 733. Each have their own purpose and are good enough for me.
You could consider a pid sensor but thet aren't completely accurate either.

Relax, have a beer, and some bbq goodies 8-)