Tappacue

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
Mickvr

Tappacue

Post by Mickvr »

Does anyone have one, and if so, have they found them to be reliable ?

I'm only after a monitering system, not a controller.

Any other suggestions ?

Cheers and Beers
Mickvr
Bentley

Re: Tappacue

Post by Bentley »

Sorry, just saw this. Have one and Love it! Very reliable. If you log your cooks, it has a great chart program...I highly recommend them!

Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!

wedwards

Post by wedwards »

Im also looking at getting one. My dilemma is that I can get the standard probes if I buy in Australia, but have to order from USA for the easy care probes (which are what is recommended for those using water bowls in the smoker). Im using a WSM so the water bowl is mandatory unless I want to go to sand or other stuffing around, which I dont at this point.

Anyone got any ideas about how I might be able to use the standard probes in a humid environment? Im thinking either some heat resistant food-grade silicone or maybe wrapping some foil around the part where the cable goes into the probe, but have zero experience with this.

Anyone had to contend with this issue?
Grill Pro Australia

Post by Grill Pro Australia »

wedwards wrote:Im also looking at getting one. My dilemma is that I can get the standard probes if I buy in Australia, but have to order from USA for the easy care probes (which are what is recommended for those using water bowls in the smoker). Im using a WSM so the water bowl is mandatory unless I want to go to sand or other stuffing around, which I dont at this point.

Anyone got any ideas about how I might be able to use the standard probes in a humid environment? Im thinking either some heat resistant food-grade silicone or maybe wrapping some foil around the part where the cable goes into the probe, but have zero experience with this.

Anyone had to contend with this issue?
Hi Wedwards,
We will be getting the easy care probes for these in our next shipment as an accessory. We might even order a few sets & get them posted over if customers want them.

Tappecue are selling well in Australia so far.

Please email me for more info david@grillpro.com.au

Cheers, Dave
Grill Pro Australia
Importing Yoder Smokers, BBQr's Delight Pellets, Hammer Stahl Knives and American Rubs & Sauces into Australia
https://www.yodersmokers.net.au/
https://bbqrsdelight.net.au//
Instagram: @GRILL_PRO
Bentley

Post by Bentley »

You can also just buy some heat shrinking tubes and seal them! I used a lighter on mine...

https://www.wirecare.com/products.asp?prodline=h2k

wedwards wrote: Anyone got any ideas about how I might be able to use the standard probes in a humid environment?
Burnt By The Best
Competition BBQ Team

Fresno State University
Go Dogs!