GrillGrates are just awesome. Prob the best accessory

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
O2zi3

GrillGrates are just awesome. Prob the best accessory

Post by O2zi3 »

Well since i got my Kamado i have gotten sucked into a few accessories for my baby. I think i have finished buying them now (and the wife is pleased). The list includes amongst other things:

thermapen
chef alarm
Looftlighter

AND FINALLY Grillgrates. I bought them thru a vendor here. I got the 18" model with the rounded corners (a bit exy at $100+ delivered), they can sit down on the fire ring on my 24" Big Joe and i can't tell you how impressed i am with them and heres why?

1....they make a good heat deflector (when i didnt have 1)
2....they are really well finished and deliver a superb char
3....They totally control flareups
4....they are so versatile, they come in 3 sections so u can use just 1 section for reverse sear for example
5.....they are really light...i never imagined this when i bought them, but i take them hiking with me for bush bbqs. i have grilled chicken wings in the bush over an open log fire, the food doesnt get easily burned on open flame (although can get a bit sooty). I was the toast of the group i can tell u.
6.....they cool down super quick...i can get them in my back pack 10mins after cooking on them.
7...nothing sticks to them. The patina that develops seems to be super resilient (compared to cast iron stuff i have)

I just love them.

These things can prob turn the cheapest gasser into something half decent....i have found cheap gassers to be very hit and miss with regards to consistent heat across the grill...which is often ironed out in the more expensive models like the Turbos etc......well stick these on an Aldi special and duel with the bigboys

BTW i should mention im not affliated in anyway to them or their suppliers....just a happy camper (literally)
Gumb

Re: GrillGrates are just awesome. Prob the best accessory

Post by Gumb »

I use them in the kamado, in the Weber Q and the pellet grill. I agree, they are a great bit of kit. I'm tossing up trying them in the wood fired pizza oven. I'm thinking how would a butterfly chicken go.
Tasmaniac65

Post by Tasmaniac65 »

Does anybody sell these in Australia?
Grillnoob

Post by Grillnoob »

Another must have bit of kit?
Ah well santa is coming soon.
They do remind me of some sheeting I have seen on a minesite somewhere or other :D
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

Tasmaniac65 wrote:Does anybody sell these in Australia?
Yes, Gary from Smoke Kings BBQ in our vendor section. He has them on his website.
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

This site is starting to be expensive! :lol: my family isn't complaining though hahaha grill grates on the way :twisted:
Baby steps...
Current Weaponry - Saffire Kamado, Treager Junior, Outdoorchef 57, Performer 46, 'Fooseball' Grill, Hibachi
Tasmaniac65

Post by Tasmaniac65 »

thanks