Bbq Guru replacement probes

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
Hughesie

Bbq Guru replacement probes

Post by Hughesie »

Hey guys. I purchased a BGE off eBay during the sales a couple of weeks ago, which is probably one of the greatest purchases I have ever made by the way. It came with a BBQ guru cyber q and some probes. I need to get a new pit probes as wanting to do a real low n slow. I went to BBQ guru website n found the probes but wanted to charge $100 for shipping. Does anyone know where I can get one in aus?
Many Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gumb

Re: Bbq Guru replacement probes

Post by Gumb »

You should be able to use one of the food probes, the only difference being in the way it's mounted (I think).maybe some sort of spring clip with a hole drilled in it will do or dangle it through the top vent. Worth a try.

That is outrageous if they want $100 to ship a spare probe to Aus. It will certainly be noted in this forum as we get quite a few questions about which controller to buy. It won't help their sales at all if they make it hard to get spares. It's only a small package after all. :evil:
Romulus

Re: Bbq Guru replacement probes

Post by Romulus »

I just purchased a Cyber Q with a Pit Viper fan, a Universal adapter, and 8 ft probes upgrade for US$447.77 off their website less than 3 days ago, to go with my new WSM.
That included the USPS Priority Mail International charge of US$ 48.77
Even allowing for the exchange rate, that still only comes to around AUD$ 55.00

I don't understand how the price could be $100 just for the probes by themselves ?

I did note at the time, the drop-down box for selecting the Carrier had 2 options - USPS & UPS ( and UPS was much more expensive ).

I wonder if the O.P. didn't select the cheaper option ......
Image Image