Looftlighters at Bunnings

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
Joeka

Post by Joeka » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:02 pm

**cross-posted from Forum General**

If you're like me, you might have been wanting a Looftlighter for a while, but have been frustrated by the on again / off again supply.

Happily, my local Bunnings (Alexandria, Sydney) has them in stock now, so chances are Bunnings nationally might have them.

DaveW

Post by DaveW » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:16 pm

North Penrith have a full carton as well.

DaveW
Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!
DaveW

Proud owner of 'Red Mist' Royal Kamado, 'The Green Imp' Sakura Imperial Kamado 'circa 1970 and a Weber GA that, well....... goes anywhere! :D

Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!

donburke

Re: Looftlighters at Bunnings

Post by donburke » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:32 pm

Funnily enough I bought one from Alexandria an hour before you posted. Picked up a bag of lump to sample also

Joeka

Post by Joeka » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:39 pm

donburke wrote:Funnily enough I bought one from Alexandria an hour before you posted. Picked up a bag of lump to sample also
Haha - we were probably there at the same time. Bunnings early on new year's day is amazingly empty, huh? You have your pick of staff to ask for assistance.

Should've seen Dan Murphy's at 10am! (just picking up home brew supplies, because Woolies & Kmart no longer stock it)

I took a look at the lump charcoal, but I've still got a heap at home...let us know if it's any good.

donburke

Post by donburke » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:50 pm

yeah, i was the good looking athletic guy with the 10 eighteen year olds following me :D

the charcoal is a bit crap, small pieces, not very dense, doesnt last long, i'll stick to the mallee root

the looftlighter is another story, its a pyromaniac's lightsaber, love it

peteru

Post by peteru » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:34 pm

Chatswood Bunnings told me just before Christmas that the Looftlighter was a promotional item and now that they sold out they won't be restocking it. They checked the stock levels at other stores and found that Artarmon had 48 Looftlighters in stock at that time. I went to Artarmon to get one, but it was not in the BBQ area. It took 5 members of staff to find the pile of Looftlighters - they were stuck in a corner of the gardening section behind some large flower pots. :roll:

traveller

Post by traveller » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:58 am

I'm not sure these will be available forever so I'm thinking I might buy a 2nd one while they're in stock! Just in case my 1st one dies..

urbangriller

Post by urbangriller » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:54 pm

traveller wrote:I'm not sure these will be available forever so I'm thinking I might buy a 2nd one while they're in stock! Just in case my 1st one dies..
Good point...I should get a fifth! :D

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!

sbm888

Post by sbm888 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:07 am

anyone come across one in Adelaide? Thinking of picking up one more for backup. I got my first one at Kent Town, now all sold out

I've called up a few more places and none have them in stock, and they can't check each other's stores apparently :(
----------------------------------------------------------------
Aussie Food Forum - http://otcb.boards.net/

greeny03

Post by greeny03 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:55 am

I picked one up at Parafield on Monday. Was told Muno Para had some left

Santo

Post by Santo » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:41 am

How does a looftlighter compare to one of those electric charcoal starters that I've seen around?

Wouldnt the electric charcoal starter be better, because you can just let it sit there in the coals for 10-15 mins and not have to stand there pushing a button?
or am i missing something?

cheers
Look, I think there's been a mistake.... Did you say Steak!?

greeny03

Post by greeny03 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:50 am

Haven't used mine yet, will this evening though. According to the pack it takes approximately 1min to start. Not too sure how accurate that is!

Buccaneer

Post by Buccaneer » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:10 am

I'm still using a gas flamethrower weedkiller thing and a hair dryer.
Takes only a minute.
2015 Smokin In The City-Boarshank Redemption
Buccaneer, BeachBums, Alimac23, SilentBob!

Jars

Post by Jars » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:40 pm

sbm888 wrote:anyone come across one in Adelaide? Thinking of picking up one more for backup. I got my first one at Kent Town, now all sold out

I've called up a few more places and none have them in stock, and they can't check each other's stores apparently :(
Mile end had a few in there. I'm toying with the idea of grabbing one, still not sure if i really need it or not though. Ugh, its so tough!
greeny03 wrote:Haven't used mine yet, will this evening though. According to the pack it takes approximately 1min to start. Not too sure how accurate that is!
1 Min to get a glowing coal/bead, then you'd have to wait for the rest to catch/ash over.
Yoder YS480 || Weber OTS Premium || Weber Go Anywhere || Weber Jumbo Joe || Keg Spit || 'Golden Moth' UDS

Gumb

Post by Gumb » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:45 pm

Buccaneer wrote:I'm still using a gas flamethrower weedkiller thing and a hair dryer.
Takes only a minute.
Me too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk