Where to get American BBQ sauces in Sydney

Please post any food related suppliers in this section.
Smokey

Re: Where to get American BBQ sauces in Sydney

Post by Smokey »

Here is another one worth tasting, Woolworths stocked it for a short while about ten years ago.
One of the better smokey flavours sauces I remember
http://www.jardinefoods.com/
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

Go to Costco and grab their Rib and Wing BBQ Sauce. add a few drops/splashes of tabasco and you have a pretty mean marinade, simmer it for 10 minutes to reduce it and you have a great glaze, simmer it for 20 -25 minutes to thicken it some more and you have a great thick sauce.

Captain
Frandaman

Post by Frandaman »

Smokey Mick wrote:Good stuff,
Try the Monkey gland sauce, But make sure you use Mrs Balls original chutney (From S Africa) as its not like the chutney we get here.
Made from peach and apricot it is sweeter and making Monkey gland sauce with three three's chutney would make a wildly different taste
Hurricane's Bar & Grill use Monkey Gland Sauce for their ribs. It is the best bbq sauce I've had in a restaurant. I didnt actually realize that they used monkey gland sauce until this year!I always thought it was bbq sauce. Say uh... would you know where to get monkey gland sauce of the shelf here in Sydney?
Frandaman

Post by Frandaman »

peteru wrote:Big Ricks Hot As is nice as a pour over sauce on a good steak with some chips and salad. I don't think it would benefit from being cooked / used as a glaze.
My local butcher stocks a range of Big Rick's. I just bought the original (i think) for now. i'll see how I go with that then I'll stock up on it :D
Frandaman

Post by Frandaman »

Captain Cook wrote:Go to Costco and grab their Rib and Wing BBQ Sauce. add a few drops/splashes of tabasco and you have a pretty mean marinade, simmer it for 10 minutes to reduce it and you have a great glaze, simmer it for 20 -25 minutes to thicken it some more and you have a great thick sauce.

Captain
Yep did that. Mr Yoshida's :) I still got heaps of that left. Goes well with chicken wings and spare ribs... I use 1 cup of that and 2 cups of tomato sauce with a spoon of liquid smoke and it's good to go as basting sauce.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Frandaman wrote:
Smokey Mick wrote:Good stuff,
Try the Monkey gland sauce, But make sure you use Mrs Balls original chutney (From S Africa) as its not like the chutney we get here.
Made from peach and apricot it is sweeter and making Monkey gland sauce with three three's chutney would make a wildly different taste
Hurricane's Bar & Grill use Monkey Gland Sauce for their ribs. It is the best bbq sauce I've had in a restaurant. I didnt actually realize that they used monkey gland sauce until this year!I always thought it was bbq sauce. Say uh... would you know where to get monkey gland sauce of the shelf here in Sydney?
Thats interesting, I'd love to know where to get it too, love the hurricanes sauce.

I was intoruced to a Steak/Meat sauce called "Glasseye" which I have to say is a nice drop!

For BBQ I follow Bob Harts recipe from "Heat and Smoke" with a twist or 2
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Glasseye Creek sauce from the land of the long white cloud?

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Can get Monkey gland sauce from here http://www.satooz.com/products/STEERS-M ... 370ml.html
Its easy to make tho.
They also sell Mrs Balls chutney to make it with.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Frandaman

Post by Frandaman »

MarkD wrote: Thats interesting, I'd love to know where to get it too, love the hurricanes sauce.

I was intoruced to a Steak/Meat sauce called "Glasseye" which I have to say is a nice drop!

For BBQ I follow Bob Harts recipe from "Heat and Smoke" with a twist or 2
I need to correct myself. Hurricane's actually have the basting sauce for ribs which is not Monkey Gland sauce... it's a watery, red sauce that you would get with your ribs. But they do have monkey gland sauce you can order on the side. Both sauces are equally good.
Frandaman

Post by Frandaman »

Smokey Mick wrote:Can get Monkey gland sauce from here http://www.satooz.com/products/STEERS-M ... 370ml.html
Its easy to make tho.
They also sell Mrs Balls chutney to make it with.
Thanks...
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

urbangriller wrote:Glasseye Creek sauce from the land of the long white cloud?

Chris
Thats the one.
Emo

Post by Emo »

I got some monkey Gland sauce at Aldi last weekend
Weber Kettle-BLACK
Weber 4 burner-BLACK
Weber Smokey Mountain-BLACK
Weber Go Anywhere-BLACK
Weber Q200...not BLACK
gindemon

Post by gindemon »

Anyone seen any Blues Hog Sauce around in Australia anywhere? Tried everywhere I could think of and no luck so far. Looks like importing it will end up being pretty damned expensive...

"The Meat Sweats" Competitive BBQ Team
Port Macquarie 2014 - 1st
Bangalow 2014 - 1st
2014 Jack Daniels World Championship BBQ - 19th/94 overall, 1st/20 international teams
Melbourne 2015 - 3rd
Port Macquarie 2015 - 1st
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

The US National BBQ Association has their new crop of good ones on the 2014 competition "Awards of Excellence" page. Hopefully some of these will find their way down here soon. If not, on the full results page, each entry that made this years placings has a link to contact. CS http://www.nbbqa.org/awards-of-excellence
Djthomo

Post by Djthomo »

I use this place for my sauces

http://www.sweetsurprises.com.au

They have a shop in campbelltown and one in Penrith