Best butcher in Melbourne for pork ribs?

Please post any food related suppliers in this section.
Flooky

Best butcher in Melbourne for pork ribs?

Post by Flooky »

I live in eltham and have been travelling to chirnside park rainbow meats which are the best I've tried out of the half a dozen of so I have tried but am getting sick of the hour and ten minute round drive so was wondering what suggestions you blokes had?
Cheers
imarty

Re: Best butcher in Melbourne for pork ribs?

Post by imarty »

Costco have got the best ribs in terms of price and meatiness.
Just get the baby backs (rectangle shape, not the triangular shaped ones) in the vacuum bag.
I was talking to their supplier the other week and they've realised that with the price of ribs it's in their interest to leave some meat on them as the rib price is higher that the loin price!
I wonder how long it will take before other butchers wake up.
Flooky

Post by Flooky »

Ah do they, just if one was closer seeing that possesses the same problem being such a
Long distance from home! Though you make a good point if only every butcher would catch onto that!
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

imarty wrote:Costco have got the best ribs in terms of price and meatiness.
Just get the baby backs (rectangle shape, not the triangular shaped ones) in the vacuum bag.
I was talking to their supplier the other week and they've realised that with the price of ribs it's in their interest to leave some meat on them as the rib price is higher that the loin price!
I wonder how long it will take before other butchers wake up.
I fully agree :D Auburn's are top class .. their new yorkers are also A grade with marbling like wagyu

Chalky
ImageImage
the best part of a chook is the last bit over the fence