Perth Cape Grim brisket group buy

Please post any food related suppliers in this section.
chrisg

Re: Perth Cape Grim brisket group buy

Post by chrisg »

:)

Of extra fridge space I have none but will find a way :)

Cheers
alimac23

Post by alimac23 »

Hey guys I know I'm super late in on this one but if you find yourselves with any spare brisket or ribs then I'd be happy to take some
Buccaneer

Post by Buccaneer »

Chris (urbangriller) can you handle holding my portion for me to pick up?
Great stuff burb and Chrisg!
2015 Smokin In The City-Boarshank Redemption
Buccaneer, BeachBums, Alimac23, SilentBob!
beachbums

Post by beachbums »

What Bucc says, Thanks Burb and Chrisg. Depending on when the pickup day is I could take a run and do a pickup for the southies. I'm in Freo Monday and Tuesday at a course but clear after that.

Cheers, Wayne
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Buccaneer wrote:Chris (urbangriller) can you handle holding my portion for me to pick up?
Great stuff burb and Chrisg!
Yep, no problem.

I can hold Wayne's as well if that's easier?

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
chrisg

Post by chrisg »

Let's play it by ear until we have a day, as Wayne knows I often have good reason to drop down to Rockingham anyway, and myself and a friend owe him some beers :)

Cheers
beachbums

Post by beachbums »

chrisg wrote:Let's play it by ear until we have a day, as Wayne knows I often have good reason to drop down to Rockingham anyway, and myself and a friend owe him some beers :)

Cheers

Cool Chris, I have plenty of fridge space here to hold any that needs it, Buccs etc

Cheers, Wayne
ozwaz

Post by ozwaz »

Oh, how did I miss this thread?

If there's a spare one going let me know, otherwise I'll be in for the next group buy. Enjoy.

Wazza
Traeger Pellet Grill - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner
burb

Post by burb »

Ok, here goes. :roll:

So I pull the trigger on this on Friday. I hear back on Monday that they'll order the box of ribs and will let me know when I can pick up, most likely next week. Given I was told brisket was in stock I ask if I can pick up that up at the same time as the ribs only to be told there's one carton left so I figure I'll grab it (wouldn't mind cooking one this weekend given how long it's taken to organise) and tell them I'll do so the next day (being today, Tuesday).

First issue I notice is that invoice states carton weight is just shy of 12kgs. I buy them anyway and get them home to find out there's three pieces inside. I'm not sure the carton would ever be able to hold 5 pieces for 18kgs so make of that what you will.

Then I notice both invoice and carton label has "YG" on it which I assume is yearling. If that's the case, fairly pissy at that considering I took Chris' advice and took the time to clarify that the brisket was OX.

Anyway, my kitchen scales only go up to 2kg, and they're all levelling out at 4kg a piece on my bathroom scales (yes I know bathroom scales are dodgy) so I'm just going to split the bill in three and whoever wants the remaining two can let me know and I'll shoot you bank details via PM. $55 a piece to keep it neat. I've got dibs on the middle one as it has a thicker fat cap and I've had better results with that in the past.

I've left the order for box of ribs standing, but given the shemozzle this has turned out to be and also due to the fact I'm not getting any ribs, I'm happy for someone else to grab the box if they want. I can let you know when they contact me.

Nath

Post by Nath »

Bummer! I'll grab the one on the right if possible? Not sure whose first in line though so I'm easy if not.
I would think they are still OX considering they are 4kg. Could be wrong though.

Nath
Nath
Nath

Post by Nath »

Or left don't care actually haha

Nath
Nath
chrisg

Post by chrisg »

Eh,

I can stand at end of queue, as mentioned I'm the only beef eater in this house, but happy however it plays out.

I can still drop one to Wayne no problem at all, maybe next time we build a bigger buy and get their attention ? ( I don't do sales any more but that used to work for me :) )

Cheers
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

I feel your pain Burb... My box was 15.8kg with 5 pieces. Image
Can't find the reciept atm but was $220 delivered to Bunbury. Would be the same $kg price without shipping
Baby steps...
Current Weaponry - Saffire Kamado, Treager Junior, Outdoorchef 57, Performer 46, 'Fooseball' Grill, Hibachi
Muppet

Post by Muppet »

Look at the kill dates... Pushing things I think for 'fresh' beef
Baby steps...
Current Weaponry - Saffire Kamado, Treager Junior, Outdoorchef 57, Performer 46, 'Fooseball' Grill, Hibachi
Nath

Post by Nath »

Muppet wrote:Look at the kill dates... Pushing things I think for 'fresh' beef
They should be good for another month or so in the cryovac. Wet ageing as they go,
Good point though and something to note for next time.

Nath
Nath