ALDI Tomahawk Steak

Please post any food related suppliers in this section.
rosecran

ALDI Tomahawk Steak

Post by rosecran »

ALDI's Tomahawk Steak will be on Red hot deals this Wednesday. $15 Per kg I believe.
eXpeLL

ALDI Tomahawk Steak

Post by eXpeLL »

Oooooo! I have the afternoon off on Wednesday. Maybe steak night ...... again. Thanks for the heads up rosecran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wedwards

Re: ALDI Tomahawk Steak

Post by wedwards »

Awesome thanks! They are some seriously tasty eating.
Mixin

Post by Mixin »

Woohoo! Might be going into work late I think..... Important doctor's appointment :D :D
Weber Kettle Fanatic....
Main go-to: Blue 57cm OTG
Fire restriction option: Black 57cm M/T butchered with a Weber gas conversion.
GMG DC for the lazy smoky cooks.
Weeknight special: Q200
Problem? What problem?
food&fish

Post by food&fish »

Funny thing happened I often buy aldi and last week some aldi steak 2 in a pack one the first night just seared it was great next night did exactly the same[as far as I know] and it was tough as
Narmnaleg

Post by Narmnaleg »

Thanks for the headsup Rosecran. I'll go on an aldi raid tomorrow.
eXpeLL

ALDI Tomahawk Steak

Post by eXpeLL »

Got mine :)

Mixin

ALDI Tomahawk Steak

Post by Mixin »

I picked up a few as well.

Plan for one of them is a sear over charcoal, then into the oven like a roast (only way my wife will eat a cut of beef that isn't minced first).

I'd also like to try a sous vide and then a final sear, but the "handle" is too long to fit in the sous vide!

So my other thought is a slow run in the GMG DC when I get it this weekend, keep it on low until it gets to 52c internal, then try out the "open flame technology" and sear it at the end.

Weber Kettle Fanatic....
Main go-to: Blue 57cm OTG
Fire restriction option: Black 57cm M/T butchered with a Weber gas conversion.
GMG DC for the lazy smoky cooks.
Weeknight special: Q200
Problem? What problem?
eXpeLL

ALDI Tomahawk Steak

Post by eXpeLL »

Searing post sous vide with some little mates. It just fit in the Sous Vide Supreme. Brought it up to 54 internal then onto the Kamado Joe at 700 F with Gidgee.

Fanbloodytastic.

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Nice near well done steak there expell. 8)
Did anyone notice if they had the boned out fillet roasts at the same price? From memory that's what happened last time
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
eXpeLL

ALDI Tomahawk Steak

Post by eXpeLL »

Smokey wrote:Nice near well done steak there expell. 8)
Did anyone notice if they had the boned out fillet roasts at the same price? From memory that's what happened last time
I would agree with you there (medium) but SWMBO was sharing (given the size of the thing) and that's the way she likes it. Must admit though that there was no smokey flavor which I expected given it was sous vide. My next attempt will be another crack at reverse sear to capture the smoke flavour.

gnol

Post by gnol »

Mixin wrote:I picked up a few as well.

Plan for one of them is a sear over charcoal, then into the oven like a roast (only way my wife will eat a cut of beef that isn't minced first).

I'd also like to try a sous vide and then a final sear, but the "handle" is too long to fit in the sous vide!

So my other thought is a slow run in the GMG DC when I get it this weekend, keep it on low until it gets to 52c internal, then try out the "open flame technology" and sear it at the end.

Looks awesome. I want some.
rosecran

Post by rosecran »

Did a 14 hour sous vide at 53c I think, then sear, when it was on special last time. Had to trim the bone a bit. (sorta defeats the purpose)

hoddo

Post by hoddo »

That's a nice looking bit of meat, I was to busy yesterday so did the round of the local Aldi's this morning. They sure sell out fast, from 3 stores I managed to get 6 steaks. My local butcher was scratching his head, he said he cant buy that cut wholesale under $20 a kilo. Think I might have to try that sous vide method.
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

eXpeLL wrote:
Smokey wrote:Nice near well done steak there expell. 8)
I would agree with you there (medium) but SWMBO was sharing (given the size of the thing) and that's the way she likes it. Must admit though that there was no smokey flavor which I expected given it was sous vide. My next attempt will be another crack at reverse sear to capture the smoke flavour.

All good mate, the comment wasn't in jest, everyone has their preference and most people like there steak just as you have cooked :)
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au