Perth Meat Suppliers

Please post any food related suppliers in this section.
urbangriller

Re: Perth Meat Suppliers

Post by urbangriller »

Yep, I'm putting everyone on the mailing list.

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
beaver

Post by beaver »

Quite a few WA suppliers added now
http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtop ... 03#p138303

Cape Grimm – Grass Fed
THE MEAT SAFE - Subiaco, WA
FLOREAT GOURMET MEATS - Floreat Forum, WA
MARCO’S FUSSY MEATS – APPLECROSS, WA
THE BUTCHER SHOP - Innaloo, WA
SWANBORNE IGA - Swanbourne, WA
BOATSHED QUALITY MEAT - Cottesloe, WA
GREGORY'S MEAT & POULTRY SHOP - Karrinyup, WA
URBANGRILLER - O'Connor, WA

Rangers Valley - Black Onyx
Mondo Di Carbe Pty Ltd - WA
billy

Post by billy »

Coming back out of my winter hibernation and went to drovers, but they didn't have any brisket. Does anyone know if that was just bad timing or if they've stopped stocking it?
Nath

Perth Meat Suppliers

Post by Nath »

I'm sure I've seen it there not too long ago. Can remember if they were full packer or just cut up pieces though.

Nath
Nath
garthur

Post by garthur »

Hi

I will follow this section with interest. Keen to know about meat suppliers. I get my stuff from the York Butcher (as it is only 20 minutes from home) but always keen to see if anyone gets good packer brisket.

Grant from Grass Valley
Nath

Perth Meat Suppliers

Post by Nath »

Grant. I'm sure your butcher out there should be able to get you a packer brisket. Should have more chance than us in the big smoke!

Nath
Nath
billy

Post by billy »

Back to Drivers yesterday and the young fella said they stopped stocking brisket some time back. :cry:

No plans to get it back in a far as he knew. :cry:

Will have to find another regular, easy source.
Buccaneer

Post by Buccaneer »

The Beef Shop, Maddington.
The boys there told me that recently they have been getting good whole briskets in from a local source.
2/2043 Albany Hwy, Maddington WA 6109
Call Russell on 9452 8400 and tell him Buccs told you to, that way he knows you want American style whole brisket. Tell him that tho, I have personally been in the back talking them through the American style, they know what you want.Same with Boston Butts, only butcher in Perth who does know.
Agricultural products so be warned, sometimes they are awesome, sometimes ordinary. Ask how they are, and order ahead FTW.
Same with Boston Butts, only butcher in Perth who does know.

http://www.thebeefshop.com.au
2015 Smokin In The City-Boarshank Redemption
Buccaneer, BeachBums, Alimac23, SilentBob!
SilentBoB

Post by SilentBoB »

billy wrote:Back to Drivers yesterday and the young fella said they stopped stocking brisket some time back. :cry:

No plans to get it back in a far as he knew. :cry:

Will have to find another regular, easy source.
The Beef Shed had a heap when I was up there the other week in Malaga. About 20 - 25 minutes from Drovers.
billy

Post by billy »

Thanks Bucs and Bob - will give the Beef Shed in Malaga a crack. If they also have proper Boston Butt then it will be worth the drive! If not, it will have to be Maddington and dropping Buc's name :D
SilentBoB

Post by SilentBoB »

billy wrote:Thanks Bucs and Bob - will give the Beef Shed in Malaga a crack. If they also have proper Boston Butt then it will be worth the drive! If not, it will have to be Maddington and dropping Buc's name :D
You won't find any Boston Butt there. Will have to go see the Beef Shop boys about that, or speak to your local butcher 8)
Buccaneer

Post by Buccaneer »

SilentBoB wrote:
billy wrote:Thanks Bucs and Bob - will give the Beef Shed in Malaga a crack. If they also have proper Boston Butt then it will be worth the drive! If not, it will have to be Maddington and dropping Buc's name :D
You won't find any Boston Butt there. Will have to go see the Beef Shop boys about that, or speak to your local butcher 8)
The Beef Shed in Malaga is a totally different outfit to The Beef Shop , Maddington.
This week I picked up 4 racks of meaty ribs, two chunks of beef and cooked them in an offset.
Fantastic ribs, so meaty!

I don't know of another butcher in Australia who knows how to cut a Boston Butt, let alone Perth. I talked to a butcher in the east who is supplying "Boston Butts" to the BBQ crowd. Only problem was, he wasn't cutting them right so they were more like large pork square shoulders. When I explained it to him his response was "Oh well, they like what they are getting so I am not going to change it" Fair enough, it is his business. :|

Call and order ahead if you want great special cuts from the guys at The Beef Shop, they will do their best for you.
2015 Smokin In The City-Boarshank Redemption
Buccaneer, BeachBums, Alimac23, SilentBob!
billy

Post by billy »

Ah - thanks Buccs, I'd thought they were the same mob. Sounds like I've got some exploring to do!
Richie

Post by Richie »

Coming into summer and BBQ season (as if, I BBQ all year!), anyone got any places that sell decently sized collar butt/scotch?

I've been going to Classic Meats in Ozzie Park recently, buying a rolled shoulder which usually ends up being decent, but I feel it could be better. Wing Hong foods collar's are only about 1.2Kg. I'm needing a chunk of pork in December that 3-4kg for a feast.

Anyone got any decent suppliers in Perth metro? Distance is not an issue.
MadDocker

Post by MadDocker »

Spudshed usually have some decent sized pork collar butt. About $12.99/kg last time I was there.