Perth Meat Suppliers

Please post any food related suppliers in this section.
faded

Re: Perth Meat Suppliers

Post by faded »

beaver wrote:Quite a few WA suppliers added now
http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtop ... 03#p138303

Cape Grimm – Grass Fed
THE MEAT SAFE - Subiaco, WA
FLOREAT GOURMET MEATS - Floreat Forum, WA
MARCO’S FUSSY MEATS – APPLECROSS, WA
THE BUTCHER SHOP - Innaloo, WA
SWANBORNE IGA - Swanbourne, WA
BOATSHED QUALITY MEAT - Cottesloe, WA
GREGORY'S MEAT & POULTRY SHOP - Karrinyup, WA
URBANGRILLER - O'Connor, WA

Rangers Valley - Black Onyx
Mondo Di Carbe Pty Ltd - WA
Chasing up some beef shorties today, preferably as close to work as possible so I can head down on my lunch break.

The suppliers list on the Cape Grimm website must be pretty old, I just called up The Butcher Shop in Innaloo, their number is no longer connected and also Gregory's Meat in Karrinyup and the bloke there said they haven't been a supplier for around 4 years.

Bloke seemed pretty knowledgeable and helpful so I'm going down to see what it's like.
Richie

Post by Richie »

MadDocker wrote:Spudshed usually have some decent sized pork collar butt. About $12.99/kg last time I was there.
Thanks mate, I'll check them out. Need to swing by there anyway to get some monterey jack for the jalapeno poppers :D
wallyyz

Post by wallyyz »

Ok Perthinites.

I have since relocated from the far North to the South, Brentwood/Applecross, and am now in need of a few referrals for meat purchase.

Anyone know any good suppliers in the area, looking for:

-Brisket
-Shorties
-Pork Ribs
-Collar but

Much appreciated :)
Wally - Young BBQ Enthusiast!
Webber Kettle // Hark Offset // GMG Jim Bowie
Mt. Ford BBQ

Post by Mt. Ford BBQ »

Budget Meat Direct in Myaree is decent for Ribs and collar butt. Everything is vacuum packed and they have a good range. It's not a butcher shop though so it's kind of just take what you get.

http://meatdirect.com.au/retail_wa.htm

As for an actual butcher, scarfos in the limes grocer is good as is Melville meat supply
Gospursgo

Post by Gospursgo »

wallyyz wrote:Ok Perthinites.

I have since relocated from the far North to the South, Brentwood/Applecross, and am now in need of a few referrals for meat purchase.

Anyone know any good suppliers in the area, looking for:

-Brisket
-Shorties
-Pork Ribs
-Collar but

Much appreciated :)
Op mentioned the meat shop in maddington, going to go there asap and check it out. Keen for brisket and some good beef ribs, made the mistake of getting some from Coles and they were so tough!
Mainey . . .

Post by Mainey . . . »

Living down south in Busselton butcher shops are limited in numbers :(

I went into my local IGA and talked with the meat manager, telling him what it was I wanted and how it was to be cooked etc, so he knew exactly what I needed

I have since then bought about 6 times from him, they cut it from the carcase or bulk section they have in the back of the butcher shop and I have never had a bad steak from them

I believe by being straight with him and telling him what it is I want I get good cuts of meat.

For steaks I only get Porterhouse, the steaks I understand are cut from a portion of the 'cut' that is in a nice tender section ?
They have to be cut inch plus thick and about 600 gms each

An experienced cook & now a Weber Baby 'Q' devotee...
it's a very different world where you can smell but can't see what's happening with your food
:P