Cheap USA Style Ribs S/E Qld

Please post any food related suppliers in this section.
steve78

Cheap USA Style Ribs S/E Qld

Post by steve78 »

After trolling most butchers around SE Qld, i have finally found a 'fair dinkum' butcher at Goodna, SE Qld (just off the highway from Brisbane) Goodna Meat Mart (ask for Dan) are willing to work with you as a BBQ'er, Dan is a great guy to chat to and to top it off, their meat is cheap and great.

Louisiana style pork spare ribs come in at $6.99/kg which is by far the cheapest (and best) i have found. Others around will sell them cheap but have very little meat on the bone. These are full of meat. Dan assures me they always have these in stock and can supply upto 150kg at a time :D

I am in no way affiliated with this butcher, simply posting my experience with them. You can contact Dan direct on (07) 3288 2155

Steve
titch

Re: Cheap USA Style Ribs S/E Qld

Post by titch »

A heads up is always good for the group.
Ta mate
Cheers
Titch
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

It's hard to find good meaty ribs for a decent price. I'm up in Caboolture but i might make the trip down and scope them out. At that price it's cheaper to drive down than to buy local :?
steve78

Post by steve78 »

Here are one of his ribs. Make sure you speak to Dan. He also does Tri-Tip, Beef short ribs and brisket.

Jlz

Post by Jlz »

Thank you will keep them in mind.
gnome

Post by gnome »

At $6.99 /kg that is great price and will be well worth the 50 minute drive from my place. Does he have them all the time or do we need to call ahead? I'd only be looking at a couple of kilos at a time.
steve78

Post by steve78 »

I usually buy 5kg at a time and would be best to give Dan a call before you head down.

Steve
gnome

Post by gnome »

steve78 wrote:I usually buy 5kg at a time and would be best to give Dan a call before you head down.

Steve

I'll give him a call tomorrow and arrange for a 5kg Saturday pickup. Thanks Steve
southern comfort

Post by southern comfort »

I looked all over and rang around for decent ribs southside of Brisbane ... went into a LOT of butchers and explained what i wanted, but nobody would keep a decent amount of meat on the ribs.

I ended up having to buy the whole part of the pig, but got fantastic ribs with heaps of meat on them. I did have to buy the rest of the pork and top skins etc as they cut up the section for us.

I cant remember the price anymore .. this was from Salms meats at camp hill on Old Cleveland road.
I'll ring them up and get them to do it again for me and post up the price.