Sydney Butcher - Moree Meats

Please post any food related suppliers in this section.
Imadog

Sydney Butcher - Moree Meats

Post by Imadog »

Hi All,

Been trying to find a good meat supplier in sydney.

Was talking to a work colleague, who told me about Moree Meats at North Strathfield near the old Arnotts factory. He and his father in law make a regular pilgrimage where they order "1 Cow, 1 Lamb, 1 Pig". I am going to check it out this week.

Has anybody been there?
Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Sydney Butcher - Moree Meats

Post by Davo »

I've heard of them and seen some of their little trucks driving around but never been there myself.

Another place worth checking out.....CJ REID meat wholesalers who are now retailing in the industrial estate in Ingleburn SW Sydney.
They are quite a big company and have a whole range of meats and you can make special orders to have it cut the way you want.
Turn off the Brooks road exit of the Hume hwy heading south about 2 kms past the M7/M5 interchange, when you get to a roundabout, turn right and they are about 400mtrs or so on your left, you can't miss them, got signs all over the place in front of their warehouse.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
imarty

Post by imarty »

Another well kept secret is the wholesale Meat Markets, Madeline St South Strathfield. A lot of the wholesalers moved there as it basically replaced Homebush when we went for the olympics bid, minus the abattoir.

A good place for bulk meats and WilMeat Cutmeat sell great pork cuts as evidenced by all the Asians who shop there. They know their pork.
Imadog

Post by Imadog »

imarty wrote:Another well kept secret is the wholesale Meat Markets, Madeline St South Strathfield. A lot of the wholesalers moved there as it basically replaced Homebush when we went for the olympics bid, minus the abattoir.

A good place for bulk meats and WilMeat Cutmeat sell great pork cuts as evidenced by all the Asians who shop there. They know their pork.
Great tip imarty.

Went to the Wholesale Meat Markets, forever more to be called the WMM, and bought 5 racks of ribs for $11.50 per kg. They then cut them in half for me. Which gave me 10 racks. Plenty of meat on them too. They go on the kettle tomorrow.

Checked out Moree Meats as well. Bought some Italian sausages for $6.90 per kg which is cheap but was disappointed with the ribs they had. Small and scrawny.

Will give you an update tomorrow on how the ribs go and, if I can, upload some pics, before and after I assault them.

Thanks again.
Buccaneer

Post by Buccaneer »

Speaking of meats, has Miata taken flight? :roll:
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Mmmmmm I haven't seen him on lately.....I think Kevin must've scared him off which was unfortunate as I still don't think his intentions were of a commercial nature.
I really think he wanted to sing the praises of a butcher he found and was very happy dealing with which is no different really of us ramblin' on about Weber & Traegers.
I have found in any franchise namesake the people behind the business make the business and if you find a sector who gie you advice, and goes out of their way for you......as far as I'm concerned..we all want to know and who cares if it's one of those superbutcher mob....if they are good..we wanna know!!
If there are spammers in the midst, they are usually zapped by me or Phil within a day or so.

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Captain Cook

Post by Captain Cook »

Buccaneer wrote:Speaking of meats, has Miata taken flight? :roll:
He hasn't visited the forum since Australia Day.

Cheers

Phil
Buccaneer

Post by Buccaneer »

That's a pity.

We makes our choices.....
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

That is a shame indeed.
Here is my thinking,
We need a shake up, Cannot aford to turn people off.
Treat people as genuine OK???
Ill leave it to Paul, Phil or Dave to sort the charf.
I just want to enjoy this site as BBQ buffs and it shits me when I see new members shot down before anyone knows jack crap.
Some spammers are very obvious and Ive bitten before in the past, But No more. Not my job. Not my site. Just a member interested in what anyone has to say about there out door cooking.
:x
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

hey blokes,

don't play the blame game...........i just called him on his genuinity, because he was really into the S......butcher thing. i mean every post was sometning to do with the specials that were running that week.....and he bit a little tooooo aggressive not to be qizzed.....also the flag he flew....." Power by Super Butcher"..........

i wasn't out to scare away a genuine member....but, he was running a little suss. and no mick i will not call on this again ....same reasons as you............

so peace out everybody.......maybe he was not of true BBQ metal.......

kevin
....up in smoke.....that's where my money goes.....