Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauces available in Rockingham WA

Please post any food related suppliers in this section.
beachbums

Post by beachbums »

For those of us south of the river Tony at the Rockingham IGA on Parkin Street has got in the Sweet Baby Rays range of BBQ Sauces. They are priced at $5.35 a bottle. I've picked up a couple of different ones and will be trying them out soon. After asking him to get them in I hope we like them! :D

Cheers, Wayne and Jan
Buccaneer

Re: Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauces available in Rockingham WA

Post by Buccaneer »

We tried some, flavour was fine but sweetness was too much for us and masked flavours of the meat too much.
For bbq pork, I am a fan of the Carolina style sauces. Savoury, tart and cuts the richness making a great balance.
Scotts make an excellent one that I think Amazon ships, sugarless too!
http://www.scottsbarbecuesauce.com/
I'll mix you up a bottle of something similar, you can try it and see if it is worth ordering, Wayne. :wink:
2015 Smokin In The City-Boarshank Redemption
Buccaneer, BeachBums, Alimac23, SilentBob!
beachbums

Post by beachbums »

Buccaneer wrote:We tried some, flavour was fine but sweetness was too much for us and masked flavours of the meat too much.
For bbq pork, I am a fan of the Carolina style sauces. Savoury, tart and cuts the richness making a great balance.
Scotts make an excellent one that I think Amazon ships, sugarless too!
http://www.scottsbarbecuesauce.com/
I'll mix you up a bottle of something similar, you can try it and see if it is worth ordering, Wayne. :wink:
Ta Bucc. I'll look forward to taste testing it. :D

Cheers, Wayne
Outlaw

Post by Outlaw »

Aldi had them a month or so back. Bought a bottle of the hickory & brown sugar one. Quite a good bbq sauce for sausages etc. but probably wouldn't use it on steak. Might try a marinate with it though.
mcwazza

Post by mcwazza »

I notice that David Jones has a really good selection. There's a whole aisle of US imports, and another section full of all sorts of sauces, mustards and marinades from "boutique" Australian makers.

Here's a photo of a part of the US section (Perth David Jones).

Matt