icelsius bbq probe for iPhone, iPad, iPod

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
jonl

icelsius bbq probe for iPhone, iPad, iPod

Post by jonl »

Hey, has anyone seen the iCelsius BBQ probe? The're great, just plug into your iPhone, select the type of meat, stick it in and away it goes. graphs, timers and cooked alarm. The app is a free download from the app store (search icelsius and runs in demo mode if you don't have the probe yet) and you can get the probe from OneTemp.com.au. If you order from them online they offer free delivery in Australia.
I've been using one for a while now, they work really well.
yakabot

Re: icelsius bbq probe for iPhone, iPad, iPod

Post by yakabot »

Beaver wrote:Haven't seen this, can you show us some pics of the cooks you have done with it?
It appears to be this here. Scroll down to see what it looks like on the iphone.
Price: AUD $71.00 +GST
http://onetemp.com.au/Hand-Held-Instrum ... d=1098&c=9
Hogsy

Post by Hogsy »

yakabot wrote:
Beaver wrote:Haven't seen this, can you show us some pics of the cooks you have done with it?
It appears to be this here. Scroll down to see what it looks like on the iphone.
Price: AUD $71.00 +GST
http://onetemp.com.au/Hand-Held-Instrum ... d=1098&c=9
That's pretty cool
If only they could incorporate a grill probe too
Viva La Charcoal Revolution
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!
urbangriller

Post by urbangriller »

Gotta love people who just post an Advert and don't bother introducing themselves!

Pretty expensive for a fixed wire single probe, given that the Dual probe IGrill remote is just over $100! I'm not an I person, but looks like an expensive gimic.

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
yakabot

Post by yakabot »

urbangriller wrote:Gotta love people who just post an Advert and don't bother introducing themselves!
Oops. I missed that it was his 1st post. My bad. :cry:
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

He's been given a warning about his post so see if he comes back to redeem himself...I don't like our chances :roll:

cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Amfibius

Post by Amfibius »

Up to you how you want to run your site, Davo. Personally I would have removed the post and sent him a "please explain" PM with an offer to restore the post if he replies, and a threat to ban him if he doesn't. I am a moderator on another forum. I have a very high index of suspicion for any new member posting links.
Image Image Image
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Jonl is fairdinkum guys....so relax

He is new to forums and ettiquete....please make him welcome.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Amfibius wrote:Up to you how you want to run your site, Davo. Personally I would have removed the post and sent him a "please explain" PM with an offer to restore the post if he replies, and a threat to ban him if he doesn't. I am a moderator on another forum. I have a very high index of suspicion for any new member posting links.
Hi amfibius, can't just remove posts and bring them back mate, once they are gone...they are gone for good.

I checked his IP address and was from Australia so I always give them an opportunity to redeem but any spam from overseas doesn't even get a second look.
In these cases I don't delete untill I'm sure. Jonl redeemed himself to me by answering my warning and I'm satisfy he is fairdinkum..can't do any more than that.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Amfibius

Post by Amfibius »

That's strange, Davo. phpBB should be able to remove posts in two ways - (1) hide them, (2) soft delete them. Oh well, might be time for a forum software upgrade :)

Good to know jonl is legit.
Image Image Image
yakabot

Post by yakabot »

Davo wrote:Hi amfibius, can't just remove posts and bring them back mate, once they are gone...they are gone for good.
Surely you have a hidden Staff area? (You should have if you haven't.) Places I've Modded at did, and inside there we'd have an area to move suspicious posts/threads until investigations were done.
Once checked out, if okay, move back to wherever you wanted it. But, perhaps this software is a bit different. So I'll just slink away quietly. :oops:
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

Amphib & Yakabot..you both might have had more experience at the back of forum pages than I have...I've had no training at all...just learnt as I've gone along...I can do most things but not all...Paul has supreme operating rights than I and he can have them....theres a lot I don't understand so if ya wanna know..best to ask Paul. There are still things I don't understand so I don't touch them.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Livewire

Post by Livewire »

jonl wrote:Hey, has anyone seen the iCelsius BBQ probe? The're great, just plug into your iPhone, select the type of meat, stick it in and away it goes. graphs, timers and cooked alarm.
I've been using one for a while now, they work really well.
Geh, this looks and sounds like a real good gadget, NOT

I'm not a Apple fan upfront (marketing rip-off), but how dumb is it to have your mobile phone stuck beside your BBQ. :x A mobile phone is meant to be with you so you can receive and make/send calls or text :roll:

Glenn
Kamado slow it goes as those lovely red embers glow
Royal Kamado, Weber Kettle K: 1988, Weber OTG DD:2000, Coolabah Mini Spit and 4 B Gasser
imarty

Post by imarty »

[quote="Livewire
Geh, this looks and sounds like a real good gadget, NOT

I'm not a Apple fan upfront (marketing rip-off), but how dumb is it to have your mobile phone stuck beside your BBQ. :x A mobile phone is meant to be with you so you can receive and make/send calls or text :roll:

Glenn[/quote]

I agree, what'd be really cool if it talked to your phone so you could put your meat on, go to the pub and when it gets close to temperature you can squeeze in one more schooner before you need to go home and take it off. Or even better, ring the missus and tell her to close the vents and then you could have 2 more schooners!
peteru

Post by peteru »

Take out the human factor altogether. Couldn't a stoker be programmed to cook it, let you know and just keep it warm until you get hungry and come home from the pub?