QMaster Temp Controllers

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
Freerange

QMaster Temp Controllers

Post by Freerange »

What are everyones thoughts of the QMaster-Lite? Im looking at one of the QMasters, be it the Lite, Junior or Senior. The price and ease of use are positives i see for the Lite version, however if someone can convince me that one of the other 2 would be a way better option i will consider it. I see that the Lite is a fixed fan speed, from your experiences is this a problem when comparing it to a variable fan speed?
WarmBeer

Re: QMaster Temp Controllers

Post by WarmBeer »

Bump?

I'm interested in getting an answer to the same question from anybody who has bought one of these.
Dragon Kamado | Weber OTS | Hark (Aldi) Smoker | Rusty Gasser
jims

Re: QMaster Temp Controllers

Post by jims »

I bought one of these from Wang through his "kickstarter" and I can honestly say I am very impressed with it.

I have now completed 6 cooks with it, mostly just large beef rolled rib roasts, and each time I have used it it has worked really well. Sleep is a great thing, and I really enjoy being able to sleep while it does all the hard work.

I use a Dragon Kamado, and have a Maverick 733 that I use to monitor the temp of the meat. The first couple of cooks I was also watching the Maverick for the grill temp but now I don't even bother as the QMaster Lite keeps it within a few degrees.

Batteries lasted 2 cooks, noticed that the temp had started to drop on the third and wasn't recovering so I swapped it over to mains power. Problem solved!

Seems well made, price was great and any questions I have had, Wang has responded usually within a few hours.
Dragon Kamado w/ QMaster Lite - Just add alcohol!