Looking for this part.

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
DaveZ

Looking for this part.

Post by DaveZ »

It's the little cover that blocks the probe hole on a GMG when the probe is not in use. I want to drill a couple more holes in my grill but would like to put these covers over them when they are not being used. They don't need to be identical to this one, I just want to now what this part would be called and where I would get them from.

Cheers,
Dave.
beachbums

Re: Looking for this part.

Post by beachbums »

Hiya Dave, No idea where to find them but what about finding a magnet the right size using that? Could paint it too if you wanted.

Cheers, Wayne
mb403

Post by mb403 »

Looks like it would be easy to make with a small offcut of stainless. Drill, cut and bend a lip on it. Worth a go before spending what no doubt will be a 400% mark up..

OCAU.COM & AUSSIEPITMASTERS Forum Member
FirePlay

Post by FirePlay »

Just grab a magnet off your fridge! Or wait for your local real estate agent to send you another fridge magnet calendar in the mail... :roll:
DaveZ

Post by DaveZ »

Thanks guys, I like the magnet idea, a few good magnets will work a treat I think. I've drilled 4 x 6mm holes, 2 in each end, which I can run some 6mm rod through when I need to have a second rack or in this case, use it as a jerky rack.

Cheers,
Dave.
Mixin

Post by Mixin »

FirePlay wrote:Just grab a magnet off your fridge! Or wait for your local real estate agent to send you another fridge magnet calendar in the mail... :roll:
I did that with my Aldi/Hark vertical smoker, and after a while on low heat, they curl up & go hard.
I now use the ferrite block magnets - much more capable of surviving the heat.

I was thinking of a way do do additional racks in the GMG DC without having to stack them (and have them teetering). I'd almost convinced myself to pop-rivet some angle brackets inside the chamber, but now I've seen those rods, it's probably a better idea.
Weber Kettle Fanatic....
Main go-to: Blue 57cm OTG
Fire restriction option: Black 57cm M/T butchered with a Weber gas conversion.
GMG DC for the lazy smoky cooks.
Weeknight special: Q200
Problem? What problem?