igrill2 or thermapen

Please post here any info in relation to BBQ product suppliers.
Company "ads" allowed as long as they pertain to BBQ-ing
jadez

igrill2 or thermapen

Post by jadez »

What do u guys rekon ? I have igrill. But I have a little brother who really wants my igrill... im thinking bout getting the igrill2 or the thermapen. The igrill2 has 4 probes to monitor.
Im thinking with the igrill can plug probes into all different foods and not have to keep opening the lid or even go outside to test temps .
Thoughts?
urbangriller

Re: igrill2 or thermapen

Post by urbangriller »

That's true, but a pen style probe has many more uses that just sticking it into meat. Use them to check the temperature of deep frying oil, tempering chocolate or sugar, the list goes on.

Chris
Common Sense is so rare these days it should be a Super Power!
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Both are handy tools so not a fair contest.
One tells you when a particular part on the meat is done, The other confirms if the rest of it is done.
And then there is cooking steaks , snags, chicken pieces,,, The thermopen or Mav 100 is king for this.
The thermo pen is probably the most important gadget in my kitchen. Even the wife sees its value and she uses it all the time. I have Urban Grillers safe food temp magnet on our fridge and she really appreciates the reference and the fast read of the thermopen.
Particulary if I'm away. It's something she can trust instead of asking me.
She likes low fat stuf like chicken breast and tenders just pan fried and she knows the magic target temp before they quickly dry out. She loves the damn thing just as much as I do :lol:
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

My wife grabs my Mav PT100 to check the temp of her home made yoghurt. They have many uses as Mick pointed out. :)
Narmnaleg

Post by Narmnaleg »

I love my thermapen :)
biggqwesty

Post by biggqwesty »

So are many using I grill??
I'm liking but the android app is a set back
Nath

igrill2 or thermapen

Post by Nath »

biggqwesty wrote:So are many using I grill??
I'm liking but the android app is a set back
Have you had a look at the Wgrill? Wang, a vendor on here makes and sells them, I have one and really like it. I think he is bringing out an android specific one soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Nath
gussigan

Post by gussigan »

I use both - well, a dual probe igrill and the instant read maverick and as others have already mentioned they serve two different purposes

i got the dual probe first and it taught me a lot about bbq temp control but the maverick is great to carry around and test things with!