Weber 220 Vs Bugg

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
Captain Cook

Re: Weber 220 Vs Bugg

Post by Captain Cook »

tombauer wrote:I am using a Q220 for camping in our TREK, To make it a little easier to handle, I take out the cast iron grill and put it into a cloth shopping bag we picked up somewhere free. The removel of the grill sure makes toe Q220 easier to handle and I put the grill in first and set the Q220 on top of it. You also can remove the side tables if needed, if you take it to places that already have tables or benches set up.
Hi Tom,
I had a look at the TREK on YouTube looks like a great rig. As I said on the TVWBB I use the baby Q in my Winnebago, I find it great, I never use a stand, I just place it on my portable foldup cooking table. We eat like kings on the road, I also use crystal wine and beer glasses. Lets face it we have to have a few luxuries when we are on the road.
I don't need to pull the baby Q apart for transport & storage.

Cheers

Phil
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

It was not long after I first moved to Newcastle when I still had my Q220 and a lady school friend of mine was about to celebrate her 50th birthday so I packed my Q220 in the boot of the car with folded trolley, and alongside her old flatbed lava stoned 4 burner, was able to cook for over 50 people....I thought my little Q220 wouldn't cope at first but it managed to cook through more tucker (all kabab sticks...about 150 pieces) than the 4 burner and a lot quicker and more even, even though the cooking area was smaller, that lid made a big difference in time....I was pretty bloody happy with that :D

cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Mark2011

Post by Mark2011 »

I must say, we did some demo's on the Bugg last week and I was quite impressed with the results, 4 minutes to preheat to 220 degrees.
Looks stable, made some delicious pizzas