Can I cook cakes and slices on the Weber220?

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
Weberuser21

Can I cook cakes and slices on the Weber220?

Post by Weberuser21 »

Hi, this is my first post on the forum. I just got a Weber 220 and was wondering whether I can cook slices and cakes on the trivet? Basically what I cook in the oven in the kitchen.

Thanks, John
Gumb

Re: Can I cook cakes and slices on the Weber220?

Post by Gumb »

Welcome. I don't see why you couldn't but I don't see the advantage in using the Weber Q for stuff like that. May as well just use your oven for the cakes and get grilling on the Q with steaks, butterfly chicken, fish, burgers, snags, ...and roasts like lamb, chicken, beef etc etc . It's a BBQ so get the meat in there :D :D
chrisg

Post by chrisg »

:)

In the end its an oven I guess, certainly can bake bread in it, and I've done Yorkshire puddings to complement a roast being cooked in mine, came out great.

Cheers
magste

Post by magste »

I've done bread rolls from leftover pizza dough on a pizza stone and they turned out fine.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Magnus
---------------------------------------

A Q, a Keg & a Kettle
Weberuser21

Post by Weberuser21 »

Thanks for the information guys. Unfortunately, the main reason I need to be able to cook some slices, etc, is that my oven is broken at the moment. I want to do some muffins and slices.

John
food&fish

Post by food&fish »

You could even do some quiche if you are that way inclined :lol:
chrisg

Post by chrisg »

:)

Most anything baking oriented should work fine in the 220, I've certainly done bread and Yorkshire puddings in mine, it's really a gas oven with the food directly over the burners if you think about it :)

Cheers
Weberuser21

Post by Weberuser21 »

Thanks for the information. I cooked a 1kg lamb roast with all the trimmings tonight, and it was great, although I had trouble keeping the temp to around 200 degrees. It wanted to go higher. I'll be doing some lamb chops and steaks tomorrow night.

John
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

Weberuser21 wrote:Thanks for the information. I cooked a 1kg lamb roast with all the trimmings tonight, and it was great, although I had trouble keeping the temp to around 200 degrees. It wanted to go higher. I'll be doing some lamb chops and steaks tomorrow night.

John
Now your talking! :D that's great! I'm not sure why you'd have trouble keeping it at 200 though. As the whole thing warms up and the meat is in, just turn the knob down and it should sit there for hours. I'd say it should be about half way, depending on outside temp and the amount of food under the hood.
Weberuser21

Post by Weberuser21 »

Thanks, I'll try moving the dial down a bit further when I cook another roast. I have an accu-rite digital thermometer, but it kept beeping to indicate a malfunction so I had to take it out of the meat.

John
bobbbq

Post by bobbbq »

John,

Check out this blog http://carolynscocioz.blogspot.com.au/ from a member of the Camper Trailer group. She has been using a Baby Q for some time now and cooks same amazing food including all sorts of sweet treats. She also cooks a lot in a camp oven, but a search through her blog will reveal lots of interesting recipes for the Q
Bob
Weber OTS, Weber GA, Weber BabyQ, Cobb, Turbo 4 burner gasser
Weberuser21

Post by Weberuser21 »

Hey, thanks Bob. I'll check it out. The idea about bread rolls or loaves sounds good too.

John