Is there any reason/ Can I justify?

Any general items, polls
Weber-love

Is there any reason/ Can I justify?

Post by Weber-love »

If I already own 3 weber kettles and a Genesis 330 is there any reason I should look for a Weber Q and if so which one. Also since joining this forum the GA seems really really popular. Is it because its more economical then the kettle?
Any feedback is muchly appreciated.
Genesis 330
OTG
OTS
Compact
Smokey Joe
GA
Jars

Re: Is there any reason/ Can I justify?

Post by Jars »

Not sure about the WeberQ, I have two kettles and I'd still love one!

As for the Go Anywhere, I think it's so popular because of the size and convenience. Its a great size, doesn't take long to get going and perfect for grill ups where not too much space is required. I sure do love mine.
Yoder YS480 || Weber OTS Premium || Weber Go Anywhere || Weber Jumbo Joe || Keg Spit || 'Golden Moth' UDS
Emo

Post by Emo »

Weber-love wrote:If I already own 3 weber kettles and a Genesis 330 is there any reason I should look for a Weber Q and if so which one. Also since joining this forum the GA seems really really popular. Is it because its more economical then the kettle?
Any feedback is muchly appreciated.
I'd sell 2 of your kettles and get a GA. But I can't comment on wether you need a Q and also a Genesis.
Weber Kettle-BLACK
Weber 4 burner-BLACK
Weber Smokey Mountain-BLACK
Weber Go Anywhere-BLACK
Weber Q200...not BLACK
Weber-love

Post by Weber-love »

1 of the kettle's is at Dad's for when we visit but I have a compact I'd be happy to sell. We keep thinking we need it to do vege's in when we don't have room in our OTS but we never use it because we don't want to waste coals.
We definitely would love a smokey mountain if one came up at the right price.
Genesis 330
OTG
OTS
Compact
Smokey Joe
GA
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

WL,

If I was you, until you can decide and research more on what you really think would boost your BBQ useablity, I would hold off buying anything untill you're sure.
Yes many here have many different toys to use but unless you're going to get the use out of it, save money and make do with what you have which is already a decent arsenal.

I'd like to buy one of those Japanese Hibachi grills for Yakiniku (Japanese style grilling) which both my Wife and I love doing but instead of the portable Hibachi, I just light up the Weber kettle and we sit on each side and do it that way....great reason to have the Performer Kettle as we have the built in table.

So look at what you have first and ask yourself...how would the GA be good for what i wanted to do or can I improvise with what I have.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

You don't need a Q since you have the Genny.
You could use a GA as it's essentially a hibachi.
And more portable then most other hibachi,s.
I use my GA almost every time I make skewered meats and over lump.
I just open up the summit and sit the GA on top of the grilles for a safe and convenient area to grill over a small amount of lump charcoal.
For small meals you can get clever with them and do indirect. Take on a picnic, camping, Just too easy and take the beating in the back of the ute like a still chainsaw.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Weber-love

Post by Weber-love »

Thanks guys

I probably just have weber envy from reading about all the gear people here have AND the know how to make the most of it. Really excited about expanding what we cook with our webers. we also have a smokeai that we are going to try to master as well.

In the meantime I'll keep an eye out for a cheap GA to try out.
Genesis 330
OTG
OTS
Compact
Smokey Joe
GA
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

Get going with the Smokia while it's cold, That should keep you busy for a while.
Worry about another cooker come spring.
I see whiskey smoked salmon in your future
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
Mainey . . .

Post by Mainey . . . »

:roll:

The only reason I needed was the 'taste' the moisture content and the taste and the also taste

however I can't comment on your 'justification' on getting a Weber 'Q'

It runs on gas so is ready to cook your steaks after just 10 mins of heating up, cook for 7 mins and rest for 5 mins,
so just ~22 mins after you turn the Weber 'Q' on you will have a beautiful and moist steak on your dinner plate :lol:

I looked at all three 'Q' models and settled for the Baby 'Q'
The stainless steel burner puts out 8K btu's and for the much smaller total physical (lid) area it is very efficient :D
An experienced cook & now a Weber Baby 'Q' devotee...
it's a very different world where you can smell but can't see what's happening with your food
:P
beginner

Post by beginner »

Just on the GA, recommend taking a look at the SJ and JJ as well, they make a very portable charcoal grill and have a few tricks up their sleeves. Can very be easily modified into an excellent little smoker which I've done as my go to ribs machine. I've also seen things like one guys crazy little pizza oven setup using one. Stacks of information on how to have with them if you're up for it. Otherwise maybe even the WSM 14.5 which if anything like it's big brother or my hacked up version would be an unreal smoker or just low and slow cooker, whilst still having the benefits of a pretty portable charcoal grill / kettle if you pull the middle section.