Q120 disposable gas canister

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
firm351

Post by firm351 »

G'day folks,

I have trying to find out with no luck whether i can run my Q120 off a disposable gas canister instead of a gas bottle.

http://www.bbqworld.co.uk/weber-gas-can ... former.asp
I have found these gas canisters but can only find them on a UK website. Does anyone know if they are available in AUS?

The canisters say baby Q on them so do they fit the q's in the uk?

I use my Q a mainly for camping and picnics and it's a bit a pain having to take a gas bottle with me to the park or where ever, for it to be truly portable it would be better to not have to cart a gas bottle around aswell.

Can anyone tell me if I can get a adapter or something to fit a disposable gas canister to my Q? And why don't they come with this option in AUS?

Thanks in advance, Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nath

Re: Q120 disposable gas canister

Post by Nath »

Not sure if the US models accept these gas canisters, but I doubt you will be able to use that with the AUS models.
Why not just buy a smaller gas cylinder? you can pick up a 1.25kg or 2kg gas cylinder. Nice and light and small enough to take around with you. You will need an adaptor for the 1/2-3/4inch thread that the smaller cylinders have to POL fitting of your weber regulator hose, but these can be purchased from the same store you get your small cylinder.
A store like BCF or any other camping stores usually stock the small cylinders.
Nath
firm351

Post by firm351 »

Yeah I have a 2 kg gas cylinder already just thought it would be good to not have to carry the gas cylinder at all. Call me lazy .... But maybe i am a bit.

lizard

Post by lizard »

You can get those canisters at any BCF, Rays outdoors I use them all the time when hiking
Nath

Post by Nath »

lizard wrote:You can get those canisters at any BCF, Rays outdoors I use them all the time when hiking
Yes you can get them but I don't believe they are compatible with the aus baby Q

Nath
Nath
firm351

Post by firm351 »

Busio90 wrote:Yes you can get them but I don't believe they are compatible with the aus baby Q

Nath
Might have to contact weber and find out why they aren't available for the Aussie Q's.

Hogsy

Post by Hogsy »

If you can convert a GGA(gas go anywhere) I'm sure you could convert a Q, probably using the same parts
As to why Weber don't sell parts to convert.... I'd say its the same reason they don't sell Performers with Gas assist.
They don't have approval....
Viva La Charcoal Revolution
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!
Mark2011

Post by Mark2011 »

There is a fitting out there from a company called Bromic, which allows you to run the weber q and other pol reg bottle bbqs off the portable cylinders

We ordered them and they were out of stock but might be worth finding someone who has them
Hogsy

Post by Hogsy »

Mark2011 wrote:There is a fitting out there from a company called Bromic, which allows you to run the weber q and other pol reg bottle bbqs off the portable cylinders

We ordered them and they were out of stock but might be worth finding someone who has them
Great to see you back on the forum Mark
Did our little chat about charcoal today inspire you to log in :)
Viva La Charcoal Revolution
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!
Harlz

Post by Harlz »

The Bromic adapter works well with the Baby Q connected to a green coleman canister. i took that setup on my 2 night camping trip and it didnt skip a beat. Would be a great backup if you somehow run out of gas in a large cylinder.