Aldi 3 meat roast [ turducken ]

Post your recipe requests and cooking questions in this setion. Not for general discussions.
salandaar

Aldi 3 meat roast [ turducken ]

Post by salandaar »

Hi

Would like some guidance I bought the Aldi 3 meat roast last week, 1.5kg boneless, has stuffing through the middle, I would like to webber it, I have a 100 baby q hi lid model, I know it will easily fit on a raised trivet indirect, also have a digital remote temp probe, to what internal temp should I cook it, on what setting, any other advice help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andy
British by birth
English by the grace of God
Aussie by choice
chrisg

Re: Aldi 3 meat roast [ turducken ]

Post by chrisg »

Hi,

I cooked one of those on my kettle a few years ago, very nice although the one I cooked was somewhat larger than that.

Essentially it's stuffed poultry so I aimed for high 70' s C on the fire, indirect of course,, let it rest and it peaked at 86C as I recall.

That right in the zone for safe poultry.

Be aware though it is all meat so takes a while and needs a bit more attention in terms of not having the skin getting burned. Lots of oil was what I did and some foil that it sat on, with a slash in the middle to let the juices flow to the collector, the foil was sort of made into a dish that worked to reflect some of the heat away I guess.

That was long before I found this site and there are some way better BBQ folk than me here, be interesting to see what others have to say :)

I sort of wonder, having just read the thread, if brining would be a good idea.

We don't have an Aldi here yet so don't know what you paid for it but they tend not to be cheap, good to get best value for money :)

Enjoy :)

Cheers
peteru

Re: Aldi 3 meat roast [ turducken ]

Post by peteru »

I did a couple of the fresh ones and subsequently another couple of the frozen variety.

Here is a description of my first cook of the fresh one: http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtop ... 60i#p69960