How many pizzas on Q220

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
harryw

How many pizzas on Q220

Post by harryw »

Hi

New to the forum and have a weber q220 , birthday present from my daughter and we love them both 8)

Enjoy pizzas and started with a 34cm and soon moved to 2 25cm weber stones which fit nicely on the Q

Thinking of getting a rack to try and accommodate 3 at a time, saw one on eBay and wondered if anyone has tried to do what I am thinking of doing

Love the forum

Regards

Harry
Regards

Harry
mymonaro

Re: How many pizzas on Q220

Post by mymonaro »

harryw wrote:Hi

New to the forum and have a weber q220 , birthday present from my daughter and we love them both 8)

Enjoy pizzas and started with a 34cm and soon moved to 2 25cm weber stones which fit nicely on the Q

Thinking of getting a rack to try and accommodate 3 at a time, saw one on eBay and wondered if anyone has tried to do what I am thinking of doing

Love the forum

Regards

Harry
Hello Harry, welcome to the forum.

I would be interested to see what turns up in the "rack and stack them" area. I bought a three stack rack from Bunnings some time ago with the intention of using it in my 320Q, but it would not fit. Too high.

Regards,
Geoff
harryw

Post by harryw »

The rack arrived today and it is 12cm high and loaded with the 3 stones I have the lid closes on the Q.

To check clearance I put both of the 25cm stones on the top of the rack and the lid still closed.

Just got to check how the pizzas will cook with it fully loaded, fingers crossed it will work.

Does food cook evenly within the lid or is it hotter nearer the grill, does anyone have experiences of cooking items that are quite tall in a Q220
Regards

Harry
Meat and eat

Post by Meat and eat »

3 pizzas stacked in a 320 Q do not fare well. The top one will work but not the other 2 as they are too close together.
Better when using only 2 at once.
One on the bottom and one on the top. Miss the middle rack.
The very best outcome comes with just the one pizza at a time after you have learn't the best height for placement of the stone.

All the above is from lessons learnt using a 320Q.
3 pizzas stacked in a 220Q would fare even worse.

Cheers

Meat and eat.
"My mind is made up. Please don't confuse me with facts."
Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Meat and eat wrote:3 pizzas stacked in a 320 Q do not fare well. The top one will work but not the other 2 as they are too close together.
Better when using only 2 at once.
One on the bottom and one on the top. Miss the middle rack.
The very best outcome comes with just the one pizza at a time after you have learn't the best height for placement of the stone.

All the above is from lessons learnt using a 320Q.
3 pizzas stacked in a 220Q would fare even worse.

Cheers

Meat and eat.

im planning a 3 stack in a kettle on the weekend, (hence my questions in the other thread). Will that work ok?
Meat and eat

Post by Meat and eat »

I haven't done a 3 stack in a kettle before.
But you can answer that after the weekend. :)

Cheers

Meat and eat
Meat and eat

Post by Meat and eat »

harryw wrote:The rack arrived today and it is 12cm high and loaded with the 3 stones I have the lid closes on the Q.

To check clearance I put both of the 25cm stones on the top of the rack and the lid still closed.

Just got to check how the pizzas will cook with it fully loaded, fingers crossed it will work.

Does food cook evenly within the lid or is it hotter nearer the grill, does anyone have experiences of cooking items that are quite tall in a Q220
You need to put a double layer of foil on top of grate (under the pizza rack)
The top pizza will cook much faster than the others. Unless it is jammed up against the top of the lid cutting off airflow to the top of the pizza.

Best outcome in your 220 Q is one at a time, using foil and trivet method with trivet raised up a couple inches. The second pizza will be just about cooked by the time you have finished eating the first one.

Cheers

Meat and eat
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

Share a few pics guys on how you go. Still 5 days in the pizza comp :idea: http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtop ... 33&t=11879
Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Card Shark wrote:Share a few pics guys on how you go. Still 5 days to go in the pizza comp :idea: http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtop ... 33&t=11879
oh i intend to.

the box of the rack actually says to rotate the pizzas as the top one cooks.

ill be doing 4 pizzas on the weekend so once the top one is done, the others move up and a fresh one to the bottom.
Meat and eat

Post by Meat and eat »

Zorba wrote: the box of the rack actually says to rotate the pizzas as the top one cooks.

ill be doing 4 pizzas on the weekend so once the top one is done, the others move up and a fresh one to the bottom.
Zorba, as you'll find out, that rotate advertising on the box, is all that is.
In real life by the time you do that the Q has lost all its hot air, and the temp has dropped way below what you need for a good pizza.
A properly done pizza will be finished and on your plate way before the Q has reheated itself.

3 at a time would be great, but pizza as good as it can be, won't be.
What I am saying is, one at a time, lid down till finished makes for a better pizza than 3 at once with lid up often.
Still, we all have to try for ourselves.

Cheers

Meat and eat
harryw

Post by harryw »

Had the family round and tried the 3 pizza at a time and cooked off 6 pizzas

No complaints all devoured took a photo but not sure how to upload it

33 cm on the bottom rack and 2 25cm weber stones on the middle and top

Just need to be carefull loading the pizzas but that apart everything went well

Harry
Regards

Harry
Card Shark

Post by Card Shark »

Here you go Harry. Interested to see how they turned out. CS http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtop ... =12&t=5380