Bay Q serial number?

GASSERS, LPG OR NATURAL
mrtonya

Bay Q serial number?

Post by mrtonya »

Hi
My 5 year old Baby Q has a rusty grill.
After reading previous posts on the forum I contacted Weber to ask is it OK to continue using.
I'm travelling around Aust and wanted to know if it's OK to use.
I've never cleaned the BBQ properly, it sits in the back of the ute, only brush the grill before use and away I go.
Weber wouldn't answer my question but they did want to know what the serial number of the BBQ is?
I've scraped, brushed, degreased everypart and piece and can't find a number (except for part numbers).
Would anyone know where I could find the number?

And do you guys reckon the grill is safe to use? (I don't want any freebee parts from Weber on advise).

Thanks
Smokey

Re: Bay Q serial number?

Post by Smokey »

Cant help with the serial number, sounds like a sticker that came off ? But if you dont end up with a replacement grill, The rusty one will not harm you.
Just brush it and oil it with cooking spray. I prefer cast iron with no enamel at all as it allows me to give it a real season.
If trees screamed when we cut them down, We wouldn't. If they screamed all the time we would.
http://www.aussiecue.com.au
titch

Post by titch »

Smokey Mick wrote:Cant help with the serial number, sounds like a sticker that came off ? But if you dont end up with a replacement grill, The rusty one will not harm you.
Just brush it and oil it with cooking spray. I prefer cast iron with no enamel at all as it allows me to give it a real season.
What Mick said, our q has lived in the front boot of our caravan rusting away on the grill,tastes yum :wink:
Cheers
Titch
mrtonya

Post by mrtonya »

Thanks very much.
Snow

Bay Q serial number?

Post by Snow »

The serial number was on a few stickers that came in the box. I have put one of the serial numbers on the manual and filed it away. If you didn't keep any of the original documents or didn't register your Q it's going to be very hard to find it unfortunately.