Which Portable gas BBQ to buy

Handy portable cookers like the Weber Q
Bexnz

Which Portable gas BBQ to buy

Post by Bexnz » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:58 pm

Hi, I am looking at getting a portable BBQ for camping etc, ideally I would like to be able to bake in it. Which is best? I have been looking at the weber baby q 1200 and Ziggy but are they worth the $ and which is best. Thanks

Davo
Forum Administrator

Re: Which Portable gas BBQ to buy

Post by Davo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:13 pm

I can't answer for the ziggy but am sure they'd be ok....but the Weber Q1200 is the pick by all the grey nomads travelling around.
I had a much earlier series Q120 about 12 years ago and it was a fantastic grill and it baked and roasted very well.

The Q2200 is also portable but a bit more heavy and bulky but gives you lots of cooking space.

Cheers

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5

12x7

Re: Which Portable gas BBQ to buy

Post by 12x7 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:27 am

Ziggy and the Weber are both good.

Ziggy are a BBQ Galore home brand and Weber are sold all over the world.

It comes down to cooking style.

The Ziggy heat is hotter as it is designed to used with the lid open and closed like a normal hood BBQ.

The Weber Q is designed to be used closed.

When you open both up you see they have quite a different burner set-up.

You find lots of people who like to be mobile have the smaller Weber Q, eg baby Q. They are popular in caravan parks and weekenders.

Being mobile, things can be bounced around so if something does break you want a decent warranty and customer support. If you look on this forum you will find many examples of Weber's great customer support.

Here's a Weber Q1200 is action doing a roast chicken. Around the 3:30 minute mark you see how he adds wood chips to add some smoke flavour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrNhXEYIV1U

How to cook deserts etc on your weber Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsM9tG6iQNY