Charcoal in Sydney

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
shayneh2006

Charcoal in Sydney

Post by shayneh2006 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:10 pm

I am sure that there are others on the forum that have got their Coal from Emberpak and know of its quality!!!!!. I will post how i have found (unfortunatly, i havent burnt it yet :oops: ) it so far.

After seeing his "March Promotion" thread in suppliers, i decided to take a run over there today to check it out :wink:

And ended up leaving with 40kgs of the stuff :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

$28/20kgs is his standard price for forum members then you get an extra 5% off = $26.60

The quality (havent burnt it yet) looks real good.

He has two sizes,,,,stick and BIG chunk

Heres some pics of when i got it home

Left bag Stick............Right bag BIG chunk

Stick

Chunk

And to roughly show size comparasen, the two tubs on the left are pictured against one that has Firebrand biquets.

I an dying to burn this stuff which i am hoping will be tomorrow night. When i do and if it goes as i expect it will, i will post a review on his latest thread :D

Oh, i was told that i was the third person from the Forum to buy Charcoal off him today :shock: :shock:

C'mon,,, who else was there today :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Shayne

Don't argue with idiots.. They'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Spit roaster

Re: Charcoal in Sydney

Post by Spit roaster » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:16 pm

Not there today but have made a few visits. Never seen the "big chunk" looks good, will give it a try.

emberpak

Post by emberpak » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi Shayne, it was a pleasure to meet you! Hope you made it back home before the rain started.

Appreciate the write up and look forward to your review.

Regards,

David

Livewire

Post by Livewire » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:06 am

shayneh2006 wrote:And ended up leaving with 40kgs of the stuff :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Shayne
40kgs that's nothing Shanye, what is wrong with you man :P :wink:

My first visit last year, September, after the Kamado arrived was 100kg (60 stick and 40 briq tubes) I reconneded that it should last me about a year, over a third through it so far so looking good

The stick is great for fast hot fire to sear, lites reasonably fast

I mix about 50/50 when I so a long and slow (in the Kamamdo)

Glenn
Kamado slow it goes as those lovely red embers glow
Royal Kamado, Weber Kettle K: 1988, Weber OTG DD:2000, Coolabah Mini Spit and 4 B Gasser

shayneh2006

Post by shayneh2006 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:18 pm

emberpak wrote:Hope you made it back home before the rain started.
:wink: :wink: :wink:
Livewire wrote:40kgs that's nothing Shanye, what is wrong with you man
It mighten sound like much to you but you try taking that much with it tied down on the back of your motor scooter :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even David thought i was pretty wild taking it on the bike :shock: :shock:

Shayne

Don't argue with idiots.. They'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Livewire

Post by Livewire » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:52 pm

[quote="shayneh2006It mighten sound like much to you but you try taking that much with it tied down on the back of your motor scooter :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even David thought i was pretty wild taking it on the bike :shock: :shock: Shayne[/quote]

Sorry Shanye

Forgot about your unique mod of transport, vision of 3 or 4 :?: boxes of Firebrand :lol:

Must have been a sight the two big bags, was one clucked between your legs :?:

Should have gotten David to take a pic, maybe next time :wink:

Glenn
Kamado slow it goes as those lovely red embers glow
Royal Kamado, Weber Kettle K: 1988, Weber OTG DD:2000, Coolabah Mini Spit and 4 B Gasser

peteru

Post by peteru » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:02 pm

shayneh2006 wrote:
Livewire wrote:40kgs that's nothing Shanye, what is wrong with you man
It mighten sound like much to you but you try taking that much with it tied down on the back of your motor scooter :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You need to take a lesson from a Vietnamese person. They could fit your two 20kg bags, plus a fridge, wife and two kids onto a postie bike and then weave through the peak hour traffic. :shock: I've seen them do it in Ho Chi Minh City - jaw dropping!

shayneh2006

Post by shayneh2006 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:04 pm

peteru wrote:You need to take a lesson from a Vietnamese person.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . I know what you are talking about there :shock: :shock: :shock:

Been to Thailand 3 times now,,,,,,same,same but different!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I did a grill up with Emberpak's coal and it went good!!!!

See here
http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtop ... 981#p46981

Shayne

Hogsy

Post by Hogsy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 pm

shayneh2006 wrote: I an dying to burn this stuff which i am hoping will be tomorrow night. When i do and if it goes as i expect it will, i will post a review on his latest thread :D
Shayne
So whats the verdict on the charcoal? Stick or lump which one would you recommend
I'm getting some charcoal from emberpak tomorrow and just wondering what to get?
Viva La Charcoal Revolution
Team Go To Jail - Lifetime member!

shayneh2006

Post by shayneh2006 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:33 pm

Hogsy wrote:I'm getting some charcoal from emberpak tomorrow and just wondering what to get?
Get both!!!!!!

Stick is best for grilling and a few pieces of the big stuff goes well on a two zone bead fire :wink:

Shayne

Bill44

Post by Bill44 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:18 am

I'm now a convert to Emberpak charcoal, great charcoal and great service.
As the rest of the Coasties know charcoal is a rare bird to find at a reasonable price here, so I gave David a call on Monday morning to make arrangements for a 20Kg bag of Stick to be delivered.

emailed the order at 9.52AM Monday, confirmation email received around 11.30AM to say it had been picked up by the courier, arrived on my doorstep at 11.30AM Tuesday.

Fired some up in the chimney last night, fed the Hibachi, and cooked a couple of Lamb Chops. The smell of this stuff is straight out of SE Asia, beautiful, and SWMBO said this is the stuff to use from now on. Lights easily and burns well with very good heat, puts that subtle flavor to the meat that people who have been to Thailand would be familiar with. At around $40.00/20Kg Bag delivered to my door, I'm sold on it.
Bill
Cast Iron Hibachi
Jackeroo Mini Spit
18 1/2" kettle
57cm Kettle
6 Burner Gasser sausage sizzler only.

emberpak

Post by emberpak » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:55 am

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the review and glad you and your missus are happy with our charcoal!

Regards,

David

DaveW

Charcoal in Sydney

Post by DaveW » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi David - What are your hours like? Was thinking of ducking in this afternoon around 3pm or so.
DaveW

Proud owner of 'Red Mist' Royal Kamado, 'The Green Imp' Sakura Imperial Kamado 'circa 1970 and a Weber GA that, well....... goes anywhere! :D

Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!

emberpak

Post by emberpak » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi DaveW,
our hours are 9am to 5pm.
give us a call on 0416191848 prior to your arrival as we may be out for delivery.
David

DaveW

Charcoal in Sydney

Post by DaveW » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:52 pm

Nice to meet you David, will let you know how the stick compares to the products I have been using :)
DaveW

Proud owner of 'Red Mist' Royal Kamado, 'The Green Imp' Sakura Imperial Kamado 'circa 1970 and a Weber GA that, well....... goes anywhere! :D

Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!