The "Royal Kamado" Clan - 38.5 and Counting

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
sosman

Re: The "Royal Kamado" Clan - 34 and Counting

Post by sosman »

urbangriller wrote:Don't even have seal longevity in your equation, they are easy to replace! Some last years, some get cheese dropped on in the first cook and they are on the way out. The good news is the replacement is a mega improvement!
Chris
If you drop cheese on the seal its no problem if you don't open the lid ;)
Gumb

Re: The "Royal Kamado" Clan - 34 and Counting

Post by Gumb »

dokkie wrote:Hi all, Another question about the Royal Kamado, how many owners here have had buggered seals?

For people that have experienced dodgy seals, how long did it last (how many cooks) before it went?

Dokkie
check this thread...........

http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtop ... f=2&t=3675
Livewire

Re: The "Royal Kamado" Clan - 35 and Counting

Post by Livewire »

Food&Fish is now the 35th member of the "Royal Kamado" clan with his rebirth and handman saving of the one that fell off the back of the truck :!: :!:

"Royal Kamado back from the Dead" http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/viewtop ... f=2&t=6615

Glenn
Kamado slow it goes as those lovely red embers glow
Royal Kamado, Weber Kettle K: 1988, Weber OTG DD:2000, Coolabah Mini Spit and 4 B Gasser
dokkie

Post by dokkie »

Hey guys,

Done all my market research over the last few weeks and have decided to get the Royal and join the crew :)

Unfortunately they are out of stock and another shipment won't be coming in for 6 weeks.

I will have to keep dreaming about all the glorious food that I am going to cook until then.

Keep your eyes peeled in this space in 6+ weeks.

Dokkie
Livewire

Post by Livewire »

Dokkie

Looking forward to you joining the clan :) , keep us updated with the your progress

And in the mean time suppose you will just have to sit there and salivate at the great meals everyone with any Kamado turns out

Glenn
Royal Kamado, Weber Kettle K: 1988, Weber OTG DD:2000, Coolabah Mini Spit and 4 B Gasser
Austy

Post by Austy »

Just realised that I haven't used my Weber Q200 since early March. I loooove my Royal K.

:D
Aaron.
Until the Meiji era, a kitchen was also called kamado - Wikipedia
bak

Post by bak »

Austy wrote:Just realised that I haven't used my Weber Q200 since early March. I loooove my Royal K.

Aaron.
yeah i haven't used my gas burner since december. i took the cover off it last week and there was mould so put the cover back on and forgot about it.
Austy

Post by Austy »

Hehehe. Not that I'm knocking the Weber Q - it's a beaut barbeque and I'm sure I'll resurrect it soon enough :D

Mould? Perhaps I should plug a bottle into it and fire it up to prevent this!

Cheers,

Aaron.
Until the Meiji era, a kitchen was also called kamado - Wikipedia
Jacko

Post by Jacko »

Hi All

I am a new Royal Kamado clan, number 36 ? I bought it in early April 2012.
I have tried Peking duck twice now it went pretty well.
Here are some of the photos.
Attachments
peking duck 5.JPG
peking duck 5.JPG (106.77 KiB) Viewed 3192 times
peking duck 4.JPG
peking duck 4.JPG (118.97 KiB) Viewed 3192 times
peking duck 3.JPG
peking duck 3.JPG (71.75 KiB) Viewed 3192 times
peking duck 2.JPG
peking duck 2.JPG (107.13 KiB) Viewed 3192 times
peking duck 1.JPG
peking duck 1.JPG (121.26 KiB) Viewed 3192 times
Livewire

Re: The "Royal Kamado" Clan - 36 and Counting

Post by Livewire »

Jacko wrote:Hi All

I am a new Royal Kamado clan, number 36 ? I bought it in early April 2012.
I have tried Peking duck twice now it went pretty well.
Here are some of the photos.
Jacko

Welcome to the forum and especially to the Royal Kamado clan as the 36th member

May I suggest you post a topic in the "Forum Welcome" section to introduce yourself to everyone

Great looking Peking duck, looks like we can expect loys more pic of your successes with the Kamado

Glenn
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

That looks like great duck. What temp and how long did it cook for ?
dokkie

Post by dokkie »

dokkie wrote:Hey guys,

Done all my market research over the last few weeks and have decided to get the Royal and join the crew :)

Unfortunately they are out of stock and another shipment won't be coming in for 6 weeks.

I will have to keep dreaming about all the glorious food that I am going to cook until then.

Keep your eyes peeled in this space in 6+ weeks.

Dokkie
Sad to say this but as most of you know Pinnacle have apparently stopped importing Kamados. They have not responded to my last couple of email that I have sent over the last few weeks.

I am still in the market for a Kamado and by all accounts it looks likely that I will be getting a Kamado Joe.

Unfortunately, I won't be part of the prestigious Royal Kamado clan but I will still post some pics up in the Kamado forum when I get my Kamado and have some sensational food to show off! :)
Livewire

Post by Livewire »

Dokkie

Pity that Pinnacle have stopped importing but any Kamado is a great Kamado and the food you produce with them is subblime

I look forward to your posts and pics in the future

You know the Saffire Kamado's are the same setup as the Royal's just a little more expensive and maybe a different grade of ceramic (not sure)

Glenn
vik351

Post by vik351 »

Austy wrote:Just realised that I haven't used my Weber Q200 since early March. I loooove my Royal K.

Aaron.
Same here,aint touched my other kids since aquirin the "Royal Kamado" average use 3-4 times a week,bit less now in winter cos your grubb style changes... :? :? :?

Soups and stews,slowcookers etc... and turn the fricken oven on to warm up the kitchen...!!!

Lived in Darwin for 8 months,boring as bat siht without the seasons, same old same old sorta tucker...

Hung around for the build up then shot through... :D :D :D

vik...
Image[/img]
Gumb

Post by Gumb »

dokkie wrote:
Unfortunately, I won't be part of the prestigious Royal Kamado clan but I will still post some pics up in the Kamado forum when I get my Kamado and have some sensational food to show off! :)
I think we should open the doors to any new Kamado owners. What say you Glenn, as the grand creator of this thread ? Can we let some no Royalists in ?