Weber Master Touch Plus

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
Davo
Forum Administrator

Weber Master Touch Plus

Post by Davo »

I couldn't believe where I found this beauty, I was having a drive and walk through Yamba, a place I use to frequent in my early days of Living in Grafton.
I found this little fishing shop in the main drag and went and had a sticky beak because there was a sign on the Shop stating it was a Weber Specialty store....well I didn't need any excuses after seeing that sign and what should I find at the back of this store was a beautiful Deep Ocean Blue Weber master Touch Plus kettle, the top of the range of the 3 legged 57CM kettles with a diffuser plater so you can use the entire grate for smoking....I was tossing up buying a new WSM which they also had but the Kettle is all I really needed and it also has the new Gourmet Grills with the interchangeable centre pieces (bought separately)

Anyway I went and had a meat pie and a drink and thought about it then thought...stuff it...if I don't snap this baby up I'd lose out on a chance to grab a kettle of a rare colour. So after shelling out $599, I had to somehow stick the box into my Toyota Corolla hatch...it fitted ok.

So now I'm back home in Sydney, i've yet to open the box to assemble, maybe doing this arvo....but here is a first pic :D
Weber Master Touch.jpg
Weber Master Touch.jpg (91.34 KiB) Viewed 7655 times
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
mustud52

Re: Weber Master Touch Plus

Post by mustud52 »

You gear junkie, you. Don't you remember the childhood joys of a charcoaled chop and snag with your dad at a camp site stone bbq fired by brush wood collected nearby? Ah, youthful experiences will be what we remember most fondly one day. It is all about the joy of first discovery.

In the meantime, anyone who charcoals a chop or snag on one of my bbqs will be shot.

Enjoy your new Weber! Great gear.
titch

Post by titch »

could not help yourself huh?
Nice pick up
Yamba, home of the Mosquito.
mate retired there years ago, waterside with boat berthing, but the mosquito,s :twisted:
Cheers
Titch
Davo
Forum Administrator

Post by Davo »

titch wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:09 pm could not help yourself huh?
Nice pick up
Yamba, home of the Mosquito.
mate retired there years ago, waterside with boat berthing, but the mosquito,s :twisted:
Yeah Titch...bloody Mosquitos :lol: but they're not as bad as the Brisbane Midgies .....One of my last ventures to Yamba with my parents back in the early 2000's we went looking for a feed of fish n chips, whilst Mum was waiting for the order to be ready, Me and the Mrs were looking in the nearby real estate window and found this nice little double Brick house down at Yamba Quays, so after the fish n chips we went back and asked for some info on it...long story short we ended up buying it and rented it out pretty quick.
That venture was short lived though lasting only a couple of years because we could not get the agent /property manager to get off their arse to manage it but they had no hesitation to take fees out so we sold it, made a small quick profit....pity really as it was only 400 meters to the boat ramp.

Don't know about a gear junkie Mustud but a self proclaimed Weber Fan Boy :lol: I now have 3 Weber kettles including one Jumbo Joe portable Kettle but that's nothing, some of the Guys in the Australian Chapter of the Weber kettle Club of which I'm a member have up to 40 kettles of all different colours.
Hogsy who was an active member here does BBQ Comps here in Australia under the Weber Kettle Club banner along with Golly who was another long time member here. They also operate 2 x Weber Ranch kettles for their comps...they are freaking huge!!
Many people enjoy finding old Kettles on ebay, Gumtree and roadside rubbish pick-ups and take them home to fully restore them. They've done a great job rescuing such a great BBQ grill which may have ended up in a tip somewhere and crushed.
Weber sell more kettles now than they ever have in the 50 years they've been in Australia and have had tenfold success with the Weber Q Gas range as well.

Davo
Moderator/ Admin

Weber Q320
Weber Performer Kettle
Weber WSM 18.5
Lovey
Forum Moderator

Post by Lovey »

Nice pick up Davo, I love that colour.