Charcoal grill for son

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
Thomas_Z

Charcoal grill for son

Post by Thomas_Z »

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I, actually, have a question. I looked through all the topics about charcoal grills and can not find anything that someone would recommend to buy.
As I see the only discussion was here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18104, but it's still irrelevant. I am looking for a not expensive charcoal grill for my son. He's a cook, and I hoped that would be a great present especially with these Black Friday discounts. I looked through these reviews https://grillguru.org/best-portable-charcoal-grill/ and can't decide between Weber and Char-Griller from the top 3 of that list. If any of forum members own Weber kettles or Char-Griller units, please, share your experience as soon as possible, I am in a hurry for BF deal, and want to make the right choice
Jimmyj

Re: Charcoal grill for son

Post by Jimmyj »

Good Morning Thomas
I own a weber and a Dragon Kamado both get used often. For cooks for the Mrs and I, I use the weber Kettle for Low and Slow and Searing heat for Steaks etc. Pizzas come out nice as well when using a pizza stone. This is my experience on using a Weber Kettle.
Large cooks for friends and family the Dragon gets used or sometimes both.
Hope this helps
Jim
Dragon Kamado, Weber Kettle free from the side of the road, Lodge Sportsman Grill and a Gasser for Bacon and Eggs