Heat Beads 16KG box no longer sold

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
12x7

Heat Beads 16KG box no longer sold

Post by 12x7 »

https://heatbeads.com.au/product/heat-b ... riquettes/

"This great product is no longer available from Bunnings in the 16kg format" which was selling for @$24.

The Heat Beads site then goes and suggests you buy from a variety of places where the $4KG bag is $10 or more!

If you like to cook often with charcoal and you don't own a Kamado it is time you seriously thought about buying one. eg Akorn for $499. After using my kettle more recently because I had an SnS. It is back to the Kamado to do most of the cooking because the cost per cook is way cheaper than cooking with head beads.

If you decide to spend $10 or more on a 4KG bag of charcoal, take serious look at alternatives such as the Kingston Briquettes. Most Americans swear by it as the best briquette as you get real wood smoke as it is made from sawdust. Or Redbacks. Or when Firebrand charcoal is on sale, https://firebrandbbq.com.au/product-cat ... -charcoal/

Head Beads is still a great briquette. Just very expensive now to use except for occasional cooks. For frequent BBQ'ers there are plenty of other options than using the Kettle and Head Beads.
Bronson

Re: Heat Beads 16KG box no longer sold

Post by Bronson »

I think it may have been bunnings who told HB they no longer wanted the 16kg boxes. They will most likely be getting there own brand or a cheaper import to replace it.
If it is HB who decided to do this then they will be paying a price this summer, and I bet Aus Weber will not be happy about this move either.
the dane

Post by the dane »

Wait till coles etc do there $4.70 christmas specials. Then a few weeks latter old stock for $3 Bulk up. There are so many places selling charcoal now heatbeads must be feeling it. But heat beads are a superior brand and it works well

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

12x7

Post by 12x7 »

the dane wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:59 pm Wait till coles etc do there $4.70 christmas specials. Then a few weeks latter old stock for $3 Bulk up. There are so many places selling charcoal now heatbeads must be feeling it. But heat beads are a superior brand and it works well

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hopefully Coles etc still have their specials. It is not the end of the world Bunnings not selling the 16KG boxes. If you like to use heat beads frequently or would use lots in one go, eg spit, knowing you could go to Bunnings and buy a 16kg box to use was reliable and easy. Now you have to buy on specials and find somewhere to store it.
meatnveg

Post by meatnveg »

bugger all at my local coles/woolies either! economics at play here.