Non-Traditional Thanksgiving Meal

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
Old Dave

Non-Traditional Thanksgiving Meal

Post by Old Dave »

With just the two of us for Thanksgiving this year, and a freezer full of cooked turkey, we decided to do something a little different this year for our holiday meal.

I started with the dessert and made up a dish of the four ingredient peach cobbler made with Crescent Roll Dough and stuck it in the oven.

This is a 3-3/4 pound Prime Rib, or standing rib roast, or maybe a bone in ribeye roast, or whatever you call it. Anyway, It was a little too long to fit in my Cobb rotisserie so I sawed off about 2 inches of bone and fat from the small end of the roast so it would fit. I rubbed it with some Oakridge Santa Maria rub and it was ready to be carried out and placed on my warming up Cobb Grill.

Was a cool morning at 47 degrees and some misting rain for my cook.

Just about done on the grill. I also placed my potatoes for the meal on the grate under the rotisserie at the start of the cook.

Just off of the Cobb and resting on the counter. I pulled the meat at 120 degrees internal and the total time for the cook was one hour even.

I cut the bones out of my roast and then sliced it in half for serving.

For serving, I added the baked potato with some butter and sour cream, some green beans seasoned with some two year old country ham, cranberries, a yeast roll, and a serving of the peach cobbler along with a dip of ice cream.

Sure was a wonderful non-traditional meal.
Old Dave
Ribs & Bibs BBQ Team
http://olddavespo-farm.blogspot.com
titch

Re: Non-Traditional Thanksgiving Meal

Post by titch »

Looks delicious as well.
Love the way you use that Cobb
Cheers
Titch
lockyer

Re: Non-Traditional Thanksgiving Meal

Post by lockyer »

What Titch said..

Love the view from out the back, looks nice and cool. Was 36° here yesterday !!

Cheers L