Jack of all trades

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
snowfella

Jack of all trades

Post by snowfella »

And likely master of none!

Been itching to try out a rotisserie but since they for some reason don't sell one for the Bunnings Chargriller here downunder I instead resorted to one of the cheapo Gasmate 240V kits.
Fit surprisingly well with a minimum of fuss, motor side just needed 2 holes drilled and the bracket sits flush with the shelf. Other side kinda fitted without any holes needed but put one extra in for good measure. Had plenty of bolts and nuts left over from adding the firebox so used then rather than the flimsy crap that came with the roti. Biggest pain was cutting the side of the lid to fit the spit without proper tools :roll: Bit of elbow grease, drillbit and closely spaced holes later I got the pieces out...smoothed off using a grinding bit on the drill.

So now she grills, smokes and if I want it can run a light roti. Could possibly do both ribs and a chook at the same time depending on how I set it up. Will be testing the roti out on a brined chook later on this week, another step in a long list of resent learning experiences!

Next in like is likely some DIY tuning plates but don't tell the CFO!
Captain

Re: Jack of all trades

Post by Captain »

NIce work. That's a talented BBQ right there.
Nothing to see here.
snowfella

Re: Jack of all trades

Post by snowfella »

Likely more talent than it's owner!
Near disaster narrowly averted during it's first use...mental note: when using a segmented spit make bloody sure to tighten the pieces up firmly! Took a peek in after cooking for around an hour and the pieces had nearly un-threaded themselves :shock: Que mad scramble for wrenches to tighten them back together.