Big Green Egg replacement Band / Hinge part source

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
camelbak28

Post by camelbak28 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:11 pm

Hi all,

Just have a general question re parts for a Big Green Egg that someone may be able to assist me with please. (I have conducted searches of the forum unsuccessfully)

Long story short I have recently acquired a large big green egg which is in excellent condition except for the bands / hinge which (BGE lived on the coast for about 7years previously) have completely corroded / rusted through and are unsalvageable.

I have found the part number etc from the Bge US sight and they are listed as - "Spring assisted band for large egg-201133"
and retail for around $175 us plus postsge.

I will source the part from the US if this is the only or best course however thought I would first ask here for other options as I am new to the Kamado world.

My questions are -

1. Does any know of any Australuan suppliers of these parts? ((Closest I could find were BGE suppliers in NZ)
2. Is there another parts alternative? My enquiries with other Kamado suppliers in Aus all seem to indicate slight differences in size etc and risk slippage of the lid etc.
3. Does any one have a better idea etc that I haven't mentioned?

Thanks kindly

12x7

Post by 12x7 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:07 pm

BBQ Galore used to import BGE before they changed over to Kamado Joe.

The companies that used to import Kamado accessories seem to be winding down in this area.

I would recommend you buy the part who knows something about Kamados as the band had to take quite s bit of weight and is under high tension.

Card Shark

Re: Big Green Egg replacement Band / Hinge part source

Post by Card Shark » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:14 pm

NZ have the closest BGE dealers. Try parts from another brand of similar size. Kamado Joe e.g. They may likely fit. CS

quacker

Re: Big Green Egg replacement Band / Hinge part source

Post by quacker » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:35 pm

A while ago I managed to get a whole new hinge assembly sent from NZ. But they were very helpful.