Weber Original™ Gourmet BBQ System

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

If you own a weber kettle you need to get one of these.

It fits into your kettle like this.

You can do cool things with it like wok cooking

I wouldn't buy the Weber Wok as it is too expensive. Go done to your local chinese shop and buy a cast iron one for $20 and enjoy some amazing stir fry.

It is one of the few ways you can get serious high temps around 800C just like on the chinese restaurants gas burners. Your gas attachments on your BBQ just don't have enough BTUs to get that high temp. People forget that the chinese used to wok on charcoal.

If you like steak look at this

With the removable centre it is easy to drop in hot coals to boost your sear temp.

You can buy it at your local BBQ Galore for $80.

It very well made with the wire gauge even thicker than the standard Kettle grill.
titch

Re: Weber Original™ Gourmet BBQ System

Post by titch »

Looks neat mate, how much are they

ooops. reread your post, dumb Pr@#$ that I am
Cheers
Titch
Michael_Dunn

Post by Michael_Dunn »

and the other benefit is, for a small-ish indirect roast, it just sits
on the removable inner grill, which makes cleaning very simple -
just clean it in the kitchen sink.
12x7

Post by 12x7 »

Michael_Dunn wrote:and the other benefit is, for a small-ish indirect roast, it just sits
on the removable inner grill, which makes cleaning very simple -
just clean it in the kitchen sink.
That's a great idea. I hadn't really thought of using it that way as I'm so used to giving the grill a scrub on the Weber to burn it off with the charcoal heat.
DodgySheep

Post by DodgySheep »

I'm increasingly tempted with a Weber kettle and was looking at this - is it a gimmick, or really worth it? Presumably you could just get the weber regular grill, and the Gourmet BBQ System grill to add to it as well if you needed to? Or is it perfectly adequate if you leave the central circular grill in the middle and cook on it the same way as with the standard grill?
titch

Post by titch »

DodgySheep wrote:I'm increasingly tempted with a Weber kettle and was looking at this - is it a gimmick, or really worth it? Presumably you could just get the weber regular grill, and the Gourmet BBQ System grill to add to it as well if you needed to? Or is it perfectly adequate if you leave the central circular grill in the middle and cook on it the same way as with the standard grill?
If you buy the Weber as standard and use it , You may never buy extras, they are so versatile as it is.
I have a shed full of Gimmicks that I used a few times.
The Standard Weber Kettle is a great piece of Kit as is.
A cast iron fry pan, or cast iron steak tray from an Op shop,or Aldi on top of the standard grate is a good cheap add on.
try the kettle as is then rethink extras if you need.
just my 2 cents.
Cheers
Titch
DodgySheep

Post by DodgySheep »

I can see what you mean, but then I sort of think that if I'm going to use a griddle pan why not just use it on the hob in the kitchen? Ditto a wok to be honest - and using a gas hob is a damn sight more convenient to heat them up than lighting up the BBQ outside! That's why I was wondering if it was a gimmick - buy the GBS, use it twice and then end up just using the hob in the kitchen for convenience if I don't need to cook over charcoal...