My Red junk-cleanup find

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
Paxton

My Red junk-cleanup find

Post by Paxton »

Hi Guys,

Was running a few weeks ago and came across this little er... beauty on the side of the road. Sprinted home and grabbed the car. Brought it home and gave it a quick hose...

It's an M Code, Red, non-one touch with a single handle on the side. The enamel is gone on the lid and starting to go on the side, but it does not appear to affect the way it cooks (only done one cook so far - Pizza). I have ordered a new ash catcher and some handles from Weber.

Not sure what to do about the paint yet, whether I just get some engine paint and cover it up or strip it back and get it re-sprayed. I know they don't make the red coloured ones any more, which is a shame.

Going to have a go at Grilling some steaks on it at the weekend. Looking forward to giving it a new lease on life. These Webers are built so well.

pierre

Re: My Red junk-cleanup find

Post by pierre »

Good find. I have noticed your deck boards are installed upside down. :twisted:
Paxton

Re: My Red junk-cleanup find

Post by Paxton »

pierre wrote:Good find. I have noticed your deck boards are installed upside down. :twisted:
Don't get me started on my deck boards. We've been here just over two years and the deck is next on the list... It has a habit of turning your feet into swiss cheese due to splinters from the ribs. This place's former owners did not look after it too well, so we are left to fix it.
yakabot

Post by yakabot »

You're not alone with that decking. So many people do it that way thinking it's for grip. It's supposed to be for air/water flow where it contacts the bearers when installed.