2nd attempt at pork ribs

Charcoal cookers (such as Weber Kettles)
Dogkarma

Re: 2nd attempt at pork ribs

Post by Dogkarma »

Costco ribs,not sure why but it's cutting the pics in half

Weber 57cm compact
Weber smokey mountain
Weber 22 inch One Touch Silver,1988
yakabot

Post by yakabot »

Pics look fine in tapatalk. Sometimes you need to click on them to Se the whole image.
Dogkarma

Post by Dogkarma »

Ribs done,had to foil them in the end because they were taking longer than I expected because of the size,almost 6.5hrs
Well worth it though,best ribs I've found so far.

Weber 57cm compact
Weber smokey mountain
Weber 22 inch One Touch Silver,1988
beginner

Post by beginner »

Those costco ribs at the moment are crazy, looks like yours turned out awesome. Got myself a few and have cooked two racks since, have had to use the Q with water pan and pellet tube for those and the results have been OK but I'd really like to get some in the smoker, so I froze a rack. Can't comment much on cooking methods with those as I have little experience, however due to the thickness of em I just used a probe to ensure I had a safe internal temp, bit less of a guessing game than the standard type in that regard.

The type of ribs I usually end up with from the butcher (the thin type I think most of us get) is actually some of the trickiest BBQ I've found to get right consistently. I've yielded some awesome racks before but still manage to completely ruin them on occasion, unfortunately there's no stand out method I've seen that has worked consistently for me. 3 - 2 - 1 has been OK but not always to the number, simple smoke and baste towards the end was probably the best rack I've ever made, 90 - 100c in the mini WSM for 5hrs, havn't been able to replicate to that standard but probably the path I'll continue to take, should've strapped a go pro to it.